Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Large Rat

Default Exemption at 31+ days.

Hi folks,

Asking for some one with authority to review my exemption. I have waited politely, and after a month i feel like my request has been over looked.

Appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Banned

I've never asked for one so this is based solely on other people's testimony; however it does take awhile sometimes 1-2 months.

Also if you're after that exemption just to box -- don't you will get caught.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Kobold

Mine took a little over 30 days, as I recall.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Post your SN & PW so we can look into it for you.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

A month? My first try took 2 months and the second is sitting at 2 months for the same exemption, so 4 months at the moment with no reply.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

#BringBackEunomia
Old 11-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Large Rat

Not asking to be trolled in a forum where no trolling is supposed to happen. Im simply asking some one with some authority to please provide some customer service, and review the 45 day old request for the exemption. If you dont have anything helpful to say, no need to reply. I have followed all channels appropriatly. I have waited patiently, and have donated to the server because of my love for old school eq. But currently your making me feel like a whiney bitch because im trying to follow the rules as posted.

I get a bunch of....use vpn....teether your phone etc....how about i follow te correct channels as stated, and get a honest review.

What I'm saying is it's obvious suspect that when the subject of an exemption get brought up everybody's answer is to just cheat the system. I'm just trying to do the right thing so the wife and I can play together and have a good time and follow the rules.

Any help is appreciated to those being helpful

I am legitmatly asking for help with my technical issues. Ty
Last edited by kaosfurie; 11-23-2016 at 11:56 AM..
Old 11-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Large Rat

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=145893
Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm in the same boat as you -- waiting for over 30+ days, donated, and don't want to go through the grey area of using a VPN or tethering because I don't want to put our accounts at risk.

Unfortunately, it is erroneous to think of this as a customer service issue. The staff, who are all unpaid volunteers, are not obligated to perform IP exemptions or any level of customer service. Donations are simply that -- no strings attached, monetary acknowledgement of the work they've done and continue to do out of the kindness of their own free time.

So, while it does suck and you or I or anyone may never get IP exemptions, our only option is to wait and see. I imagine IP exemption processing is the least interesting chore the staff can perform. This unsavory task is probably complicated by the fact that approving an IP exemption that may result in abuse (boxing) outweighs the benefit of adding one additional player. While I'm sure a high active player base is something of value to the staff because it could (potentially) result in more donations and a healthier community, the risk of introducing a boxer weighs more heavily than adding someone who wants to play with their significant other / room mate / etc...

So what recourse do we have? None. Or play on a service whose business model is designed to provide some service guarantees like Phinigel.

Anyway, I do empathize with you, but this isn't a technical support issue or a customer service issue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Large Rat

Thank you to the admins for reviewing my exemption. I appreciate your service.