Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Banned

Default Stuck in 30's on class choices

Tl'Dr - I am a big baby who cant pick a class help pls ;w;

Having a hard time going past 30s on anything really. Have PLD, MNK,MAG,NEC all over 30 and just cant seem to find anything.

Monk
I got sick of pulling on monk, also new to the game, so each area I am falling into pits and crap that everyone else knows about. I enjoyed the damage I guess, but it was very little utility if that makes sense. You just stand there or juggle some aggro.

Maybe it would be more fun with Jboots? or something?

Mage
My mage was just boring as hell, I grouped, then solo'd , then tried grouping again, but the XP rate is just horrible even compared to just nuking hill giants solo or something and medding, that bad.

Just felt like I was horrible at soloing too. Firepet with focus item, recalling energy, just never hit the right mana rate I guess.

Nec
I rarely grouped with necro, but it was active, but never felt that amazing, and hit the issue of " Why am I grouping as a solo class? " Best tool kit, I could do anything mostly, but always alone ;w;

Also being KOS was kind of annoying eventualy

PLD
I loved Paladin, groups are fun, loved tanking and being good at it, but waiting for groups killed it. I spent a few days LFG and it just burned me out, no idea how it happened at 34, but it did

Just dont know what to do exactly. Monk is most decked out, and paladin is kind of stripped because gear is so cheap anyway.

I just want to feel powerful but not be stuck soloing you know?

Strong character, mage felt WEAK as a kitten without pet, slow travel sucks, no heals suck, mana issues suck.

What to do D:

I think I have about 30k if I sell off monk stuff

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Sounds like you need a cleric. Just sit back and heal. They are usually in demand for groups. Not much required. No pulling, no pet management...
Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

The best way to enjoy this game is to not limit yourself to one character. Even if you pick a warrior/cleric/ench, one of the 3 classes every group wants, you will STILL have to wait for groups some time. Pick two classes you like, park them in different places, and you have twice the chance at groups. This works even better if one of your classes can solo and one is group oriented; always try the grouping class first and then play the caster and solo for an hour if you cant find a group.

I have a rogue and paladin as alts. If I dont find a group if five minutes of waiting, I switch back to my main. Sitting around for two hours waiting is a waste of time.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Well no one can really tell you which class to play. Different people enjoy different classes. I do share your opinion of mages. They are very powerful but completely reliant on pet and have no CC.

Monk I have played on live and very much enjoyed. FD splitting and pulling can be enjoyable I think. You should also be able to solo or group depending on your mood.

Necro is actually a very versatile class at higher levels, grouping and solo. A good necro can take over the roles of healer and enchanter in certain situations.

Not familiar with Paladins really never played one.

I will suggest possibly try an enchanter? I never played enchanter on live but it is a LOT of fun, kicking myself I never made one until here. It's like a completely different game. I have enjoyed soloing, duoing and grouping and must say that they feel quite rewarding to play when done properly.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Play what you find the funnest. You say you enjoyed your Paladin the most, so why not keep him? Yeah, being LFG sucks, but groups don't just fall into your lap. You have to learn to start your own sometimes. Also, roll an alt to play when you've tried everything and can't still can't find a group. You could play your Necro.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way to enjoy this game is to not limit yourself to one character. Even if you pick a warrior/cleric/ench, one of the 3 classes every group wants, you will STILL have to wait for groups some time. Pick two classes you like, park them in different places, and you have twice the chance at groups. This works even better if one of your classes can solo and one is group oriented; always try the grouping class first and then play the caster and solo for an hour if you cant find a group.

I have a rogue and paladin as alts. If I dont find a group if five minutes of waiting, I switch back to my main. Sitting around for two hours waiting is a waste of time.
This. Variety is the spice of life in EQ. I have 4 alts I'm working on simultaneously that I focus on doing different things with. Two are group-focused classes and two are solo-focused classes and I have them parked in different zones. Depending on my mood and where the population is that night I'll bop between them to find something fun.

For me the journey to end-game is a lot of fun, so I don't mind if I spread my progression time across multiple characters. If you want to race to 60, EQ is perhaps not the game for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
T

Strong character, mage felt WEAK as a kitten without pet, slow travel sucks, no heals suck, mana issues suck.
Shaman.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tl'Dr - I am a big baby who cant pick a class help pls ;w;

Having a hard time going past 30s on anything really. Have PLD, MNK,MAG,NEC all over 30 and just cant seem to find anything.

Monk
I got sick of pulling on monk, also new to the game, so each area I am falling into pits and crap that everyone else knows about. I enjoyed the damage I guess, but it was very little utility if that makes sense. You just stand there or juggle some aggro.

Maybe it would be more fun with Jboots? or something?

Mage
My mage was just boring as hell, I grouped, then solo'd , then tried grouping again, but the XP rate is just horrible even compared to just nuking hill giants solo or something and medding, that bad.

Just felt like I was horrible at soloing too. Firepet with focus item, recalling energy, just never hit the right mana rate I guess.

Nec
I rarely grouped with necro, but it was active, but never felt that amazing, and hit the issue of " Why am I grouping as a solo class? " Best tool kit, I could do anything mostly, but always alone ;w;

Also being KOS was kind of annoying eventualy

PLD
I loved Paladin, groups are fun, loved tanking and being good at it, but waiting for groups killed it. I spent a few days LFG and it just burned me out, no idea how it happened at 34, but it did

Just dont know what to do exactly. Monk is most decked out, and paladin is kind of stripped because gear is so cheap anyway.

What to do D:

I think I have about 30k if I sell off monk stuff

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be the best solo'er and the best group class in the game and pick shaman. Enchanter is close second for same combo.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Banned

shaman is swag but so unfun tho
Old 02-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Roll a Druid , welcomed in groups til around the 40s
Has plenty of utility like you mentioned (sow/ports/heals/dots/buffs)
Strong solo class and can bank roll some money for another class you can pick again later
Closed Thread