Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Requesting GM Reconsideration of Toxic Behavior

Greetings,

The purpose of this letter is to address an issue that my friend experienced in-game a couple days ago. He was in South Karana, camping Quillmane on his 54 Bard. After about 5-6 hours of being unlucky, he finally got Quillmane to spawn! If you're unfamiliar with this NPC, it's a lvl 30 Warrior and is tough for it's level and I'll explain why this is relevant later.

After killing Quillmane, my friend logged off his 54 Bard and on to his 51 Rogue (same account), to pick-up the cloak. As he walks over to the corpse, a player named Pikel asks if he could get the leggings from Quillmane if they drop. My friend replies, "sure, meet me at the bridge and i'll bring them to you."

As my friend is waiting for the corpse to "unlock" the player, Pikel, comes running up and is hovering over the corpse. As you might guess, they're now both trying to loot it as fast as they can. Unfortunately, Pikel the lvl 23, who cannot kill Quillmane himself and is out of range to PvP, loots the Pegasus Feather Cloak.

Not only did Pikel ninja-loot the item, he spammed /ooc gloating about it, linked it to my friend at least 3 times and was extremely rude.

My friend, Mercenery, has searched for assistance through petitioning and was directed to the forums to the "higher powers," was denied justice and I quote: "Hi there, I see your Quillmane kill and that it was ninja-looted. On the red server, we do not reimburse items that are looted after the corpse unlocks. It's fair game." What a joke response. You admit you know it was ninja-looted but are too lazy to do something about it?

This kind of toxic behavior SHOULD NOT be tolerated and it sets a tone for future players. Trust is paramount and important in MMORPG's, in my opinion. If you want to enforce the NO MULTI-BOX rule: 1st offense 30 day suspension, 2nd offense permanent suspension! Then you need to do the right thing here!

Thanks,

Celeborn
Old 03-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure how I feel about this. I would expect classic policies to be followed in such cases.

And yeah if a player like Pikel camped quill he would probably multi box or have a friend
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

see sig
Old 03-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

The real story here is there were 2 people in South Karana at the same time.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real story here is there were 2 people in South Karana at the same time.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:29 AM
Fire Giant

your friend sucks at looting items and i bet he sucks at life too.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Sarnak

i've personally gotten people suspended for far longer than they were supposed to on numerous occasions for ninja looting

sounds like you suck at practicing elf law

that being said, this is not surprising whatsoever as the rules are entirely made up as you go on red99; the CSR staff is a joke
Old 03-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see sig
knife deserves better than this
Old 03-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercgaming101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings,

The purpose of this letter is to address an issue that my friend experienced in-game a couple days ago. He was in South Karana, camping Quillmane on his 54 Bard. After about 5-6 hours of being unlucky, he finally got Quillmane to spawn! If you're unfamiliar with this NPC, it's a lvl 30 Warrior and is tough for it's level and I'll explain why this is relevant later.

After killing Quillmane, my friend logged off his 54 Bard and on to his 51 Rogue (same account), to pick-up the cloak. As he walks over to the corpse, a player named Pikel asks if he could get the leggings from Quillmane if they drop. My friend replies, "sure, meet me at the bridge and i'll bring them to you."

As my friend is waiting for the corpse to "unlock" the player, Pikel, comes running up and is hovering over the corpse. As you might guess, they're now both trying to loot it as fast as they can. Unfortunately, Pikel the lvl 23, who cannot kill Quillmane himself and is out of range to PvP, loots the Pegasus Feather Cloak.

Not only did Pikel ninja-loot the item, he spammed /ooc gloating about it, linked it to my friend at least 3 times and was extremely rude.

My friend, Mercenery, has searched for assistance through petitioning and was directed to the forums to the "higher powers," was denied justice and I quote: "Hi there, I see your Quillmane kill and that it was ninja-looted. On the red server, we do not reimburse items that are looted after the corpse unlocks. It's fair game." What a joke response. You admit you know it was ninja-looted but are too lazy to do something about it?

This kind of toxic behavior SHOULD NOT be tolerated and it sets a tone for future players. Trust is paramount and important in MMORPG's, in my opinion. If you want to enforce the NO MULTI-BOX rule: 1st offense 30 day suspension, 2nd offense permanent suspension! Then you need to do the right thing here!

Thanks,

Celeborn
Drugs

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercgaming101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings

Couple things...
You are Mercenary.
It wasn't ninja looted, you basically got a drop trade stolen.