Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default LF Guild for Dragons

Hey y'all, I have a level 51 DE Cleric and a level 51 Human Monk. I'm looking to join up with a guild that is doing Naggy/Vox raiding on the regular. I have other characters I'm leveling right now, but I want to keep these two around 51-52 so I can get as many dragon kills as possible before moving forward to 60.

Who is killing dragons these days?
Old 05-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Orc

Good question! I'd love to kill those classic dragons too!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

First, the bad news: because the classic dragons drop things that the top players/guilds on the server want (unlike on live where their loot became less significant with each expansion), historically they have been dominated by the most powerful guilds (well, technically by 4-6 of their heavily twinked level 51 alts).

But there's good news: in the past few months some of the lower guilds have politely asked the bigger guilds to share, and (I believe) they have. I'm not aware of the details (maybe someone else can chime in), but here's what I'd recommend: click search, then click advanced search. Search for Nagafen (I think Vox is too few characters) and search only in the guild forum. You should find some guilds with "yay we killed Nagafen" posts, and that will tell you who has been killing him.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-01-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Old 05-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, the bad news: because the classic dragons drop things that the top players/guilds on the server want (unlike on live where their loot became less significant with each expansion), historically they have been dominated by the most powerful guilds (well, technically by 4-6 of their heavily twinked level 51 alts).

But there's good news: in the past few months some of the lower guilds have politely asked the bigger guilds to share, and (I believe) they have. I'm not aware of the details (maybe someone else can chime in), but here's what I'd recommend: click search, then click advanced search. Search for Nagafen (I think Vox is too few characters) and search only in the guild forum. You should find some guilds with "yay we killed Nagafen" posts, and that will tell you who has been killing him.
I suppose he could also look into those top dominant guilds, and join one of them if they are regularly killing said dragons.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

I might be a little out of touch since I've been out of the raid scene for a couple years, but I'd imagine it's still roughly the same. Unfortunately what Loramin says is correct, and sadly for two items: Lady Vox's white scales for the bard epic, and Lord Nagafen's Bladestopper for end-game encounters.

CSG kills lots of Vox, particularly through the efforts of Omni, though AG and Europa definitely play their role too - any of them would be good choices. They kill Naggy sometimes too, but definitely more Vox.

A/A kills more Naggy than Vox, but they have rigorous application standards and you probably won't be able to get into either of them until you're level 60 anyway. Also, level 53-60 characters still play a pivotal role for both encounters since the difficulty in killing Naggy and Vox on P99 is not the actual encounter itself, but rather the race to kill it first. Higher levels assist the 52 and under engage crew by helping them clear to the dragon quickly and buffing them for the fight. So you'd still be a part of that encounter - you'd still earn DKP for it as a higher level support character, even though you don't actually engage the dragon.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 05-02-2017 at 04:49 AM..
Old 05-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A/A kills more Naggy than Vox, but they have rigorous application standards and you probably won't be able to get into either of them until you're level 60 anyway.
10-20% raid attedance is rigorous application standards now a days

Don't fall into the hype of people thinking the bigger/more hardcore guilds means you won't be able to play casually and have fun in them
Old 05-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might be a little out of touch since I've been out of the raid scene for a couple years, but I'd imagine it's still roughly the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think things were a bit different "back in the day" when TMO ruled the server. Having never been a member of them or an AA guild I'm certainly no expert, but from talking to people it sounds like the AA guilds are much less demanding than TMO used to be. Maybe it's a function of a single guild not monopolizing things? Again, I'm no expert.

But I don't think paulgiamatti was saying 10-20% attendance is too rigorous, I think he's just wrong about "it's still roughly the same" ... which, quite frankly, is a really great thing to be wrong about, as it shows that things have improved here in the time he's been gone.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-02-2017 at 03:06 PM..
Old 05-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't fall into the hype of people thinking the bigger/more hardcore guilds means you won't be able to play casually and have fun in them
Can you confirm that either a/a will accept a level 51 main? Paulg post looked spot on to me.

Also curious if someone can confirm the "10-20%" figure that you were alluding to. In the past those figures were much higher
Last edited by Expediency; 05-02-2017 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: .
Old 05-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also curious if someone can confirm the "10-20%" figure that you were alluding to. In the past those figures were much higher
Can't quite, but it matches what I've heard from Awakened members, and their guild thread kinda says it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Benefits of joining <Awakened>:
• Casual members are more than welcome. Maintaining a certain raid attendance (after your application period) is not required to stay in the guild. Raid as much (or little) as you are able to!
Also, as far as "accept[ing] a level 51 main" it looks like you need to be 55 unless they make an exception for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Requirements for applying to <Awakened>:
• Level 55+ **
I tried to find Aftermath's requirements, but they don't make them easy to find like Awakened so I gave up. But in any case, I think it's safe to say that you no longer have to be a TMO-level neckbeard to see top content on this server (/cheer).

Old 05-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

In my biased opinion, if you want the easy route you join awakened. If you want a slightly more uphill battle you join aftermath. If you want a more significant uphill struggle you join a CSG (Azure Guard for USA PM hours, or Europa or Omni for USA AM hours). If you think you are highly skilled in the EQ ways and are competent at your class you can also apply to Rustle, they like trying things in a "more with less" attitude.

If you work a wierd schedule you can join Infernus for their midnight-6am Asia primetime hours play.

Bottom line is whatever you choose you are going to find a lot of the same, because every guild plays in the same sandbox.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread