Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Project Manager

Default Veeshan's Peak - a few questions

Okay VP 1.0 is in progress. I have a few questions that I believe some of you may know.

racnars, lava drakes and guardian wurms
-should their respawn be 90 seconds, or 2 minutes? I had conflicting research.
-should they both see invis? if not all the time, about what % of the time?

hoshkar and silverwing
-should they follow the same path? and should that path extend all the way to the pillow room. I see screenshots with them near the zone, but I'd like to know the full route. This map, albeit it scribbled, looks like they had a huge path. http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/ima...eshanspeak.jpg

zone out portals
-currently on eqlive, all of the portals take you to Skyfire. My research indicates phara dar portal = airplane, nexona = skyfire, xygoz = swampofnohope, druusk = freporte. Can anyone verify this?

Can anyone translate relevant information from this japanese page? http://twilight.uh-oh.jp/eq/diary/orex18.html Google butchered it.

p.s. Salty, the foh screenshots will help tremendously with the loots, thanks for those.

Basically, I can use all the classic infos you guys can give me. Screenshots or otherwise. Trying to ensure VP will be as uber as intended. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by nilbog; 02-15-2011 at 01:20 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay VP 1.0 is in progress. I have a few questions that I believe some of you may know.

racnars and guardian wurms
-should their respawn be 90 seconds, or 2 minutes? I had conflicting research.
-should they both see invis? if not all the time, about what % of the time?

hoshkar and silverwing
-should they follow the same path? and should that path extend all the way to the pillow room. I see screenshots with them near the zone, but I'd like to know the full route. This map, albeit it scribbled, looks like they had a huge path. http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/ima...eshanspeak.jpg

zone out portals
-currently on eqlive, all of the portals take you to Skyfire. My research indicates phara dar portal = airplane, nexona = skyfire, xygoz = swampofnohope, druusk = freporte. Can anyone verify this?

Can anyone translate relevant information from this japanese page? http://twilight.uh-oh.jp/eq/diary/orex18.html Google butchered it.

p.s. Salty, the foh screenshots will help tremendously with the loots, thanks for those.

Basically, I can use all the classic infos you guys can give me. Screenshots or otherwise. Trying to ensure VP will be as uber as intended. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did Veeshan's Peak several times on Al'kabor. The only Live server that has the old Veeshan's Peak still. There are several other people from Al'kabor here that could probably give some insight too. Hopefully they speak up.

Zone spawn timer was around 3 minutes if I recall correctly. Definitely not 90 seconds.

I know the Phara Dar's portal does take you to Plane of Air. I cannot confirm the others.

While I don't recall the actual path The www.eqmacwiki.com information should be pretty accurate.

I wish I still had my Mac. My Bard was max ally to Ring of Scale.

If you have any friends that have a Mac and an EQMac account you can verify how many things were in Classic. Al'kabor is very similar.

Asher
Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Aviak

I still have an eqmac account, but never finished the key quest for VP.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

hi nilborg if that is your real name!

via kinsawt:

--2 minute respawns on both
--yes, wurms see invis
--no, racnars do not see invis
--pathing on hoshkar and silverwing is correct

correct loot link on the way
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Japanese site says Wurms have 90 sec re-pop:

Quote:
 Zone InするとVPです(笑) Con/WhiteとRedだけですが、Track使っても意味無いので気にしないように。
 Veeshan`s Peakにいる雑魚Mobとしては、
 ・Racnar
 ・Guardian Wurm
 ・Lava Drake

の三種がいます。どれも固定/定位置をRoamingというもので、どれも90sec Repopです。Factionはなにも持っておらず、デフォルトでKoSです。VPに来るレベルと人数ならはっきり いって(例え強いといっても)雑魚ですが、90sec repopで数いるのでKillしていたら到底Raidになりません。でもExp稼ぎには使えるかもしれま せん(笑)
I can read enough Japanese to confirm that the bolded parts speak for themselves.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Japanese site says Wurms have 90 sec re-pop:

I can read enough Japanese to confirm that the bolded parts speak for themselves.
Yep. I got that from it as well. I was curious if the rest of the non-english text contained relevant information.

Other sites refer to a 2 minute spawn time.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. I got that from it as well. I was curious if the rest of the non-english text contained relevant information.

Other sites refer to a 2 minute spawn time.
Hard to distinguish what's relevant in this context, as I personally never got close to the zone on live, but I'll have a look at the named-mob section to see what I can see.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Project Manager

lava drake
posts here indicate this drake is green. http://web.archive.org/web/200105220...how&BID=234260

this guide mentions a blue drake: http://web.archive.org/web/200010011...shanspeak.html
Quote:
also guarded by a blue drake

what color should they be?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

I can confirm that the portals took you to the zones mentioned. I definitely zoned into freeport once behind druusk. I have no proof though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

The only zone out was to Sky. Thought it was in Phara Dar's room, but I can't remember for sure. I'm not 100% sure, but I could swear it ported you to Eye of Veeshan. The location was near a Pad, with a Pile of gold and treasure chests around it, if I recall correctly.

Rapters didn't see invs as you can see by the Invs on the names of us old folk running like mad men past them. SS of said event

Some Wurms didn't see invs all the time. I remember if you killed a see invs one, the chance of a non see invs one spawned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Racnar and Lava Drake's were 2 min respawns.

Not sure about the color of the guards,we typically used res pulling in VP. So I can't recall killing them.
Last edited by Rais; 02-15-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Closed Thread