Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Well it's been fun

You know I have played many mmos since I started with EQ back in 2000 I think with the release of kunark and I have noticed that the things that drove me deeper and deeper into mmos as a casual player was the social setting and helped me get further and further apart from the addictive setting. Of course it helps that mmos are getting easier and easier, but I don't like that, I like my games hard and worth a damn, but I also like to log on and talk to familiar people and have fun chatting with everyone.

That's why I am leaving, I found my self getting slightly readdicted like I did back in 2000, enjoying the social aspect of the game and having a blast getting groups and losing sleep together, but you guys basically took out the soul of the game simply because some people can't stand a few trolls, I hate to break it to you but if you were sitting in EC you would of had to deal with the same exact people, but maybe worse, and they would of never muted OOC or ban it for everyones use. Yeah yeah I know about the chat channels but it just seems pointless to me. My friend can't find a group to save his life now, and you have to travel to each and every zone to see if there is a group there. I understand this is what we had to do in 1999 but there were a ton more people back in the day If this server had that many people I wouldn't want global ooc and I would be perfectly happy with the change.

But people whined and said it wasn't classic, I have a news flash for you, this game will never be 100% classic simply because you will need the same amount of people with the same amount of mindset. This server already has a level 50 already simply because he/she/it already knew what to do and knows what he can duo with a friend and never needed anyone's help besides he/she/it's friend. But some people just want to log in group up or even solo while chatting talking about how good the 1999 days were, but some people can't stand the thought of a constant chat going because they are not in the zone and it's not classic and they get annoyed and bothered too easily.

#1 rule: if someone bothers you, don't let it get to you and then you win. You let it get to you then they win and keep going. Stop letting everything get to you and whining to get your way.

no you can't have my stuff, but I just wanted to let you guys know that it WAS a ton of fun and now it's a job.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Skeleton

You let all the people that were letting it get to them get to you and they win because you let it get to you and not them.

WIN!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Aviak

I would suggest people learn to use the /who feature, you can see people who are your level and send them messages. You are even able to /who a zone name...so you really dont need to travel to each zone to see if theres groups there...you...uhm...you just message them. Even the /lfg feature works last I looked.
Last edited by Smashed; 10-24-2009 at 11:17 PM..
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Aviak

Default groups everywhere

I have never, ever, had problems getting my magician into a group. Never.

But I look for groups with /who, like the person above noted, and I put a lot of effort into creating or finding a group. If you have the will to find a group, you will find a way.

Hell, I don't even use the global /ooc channel, it's so full of crap, and I still find groups whenever I want them.

I guess I can't understand why people would have trouble or feel alone on the server, which seems to be really much alive, at this point.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

well you guys are getting what you want, pure classic eq, but i can see people leaving because of it and keeping the population up would seem to be a better goal than to just cater to whiners.

And I never let the people whining get to me, I am pissed because the GMs muted OOC that one time and now removed it, that is what bothers me. At least make it continental. Getting a group was actually fun now it's work, so I am sorry if you guys like that but I don't see the logic in it. Esp since / all LFG doesn't work. And now that you have to go and actually FIND people and ASK if they are looking for group I would like to see you pick a ranger or another "lesser" class over mage or cleric.

EQclassic is not going to happen again officially, so I don't see why you guys don't want to create an actual community with global OOC
Old 10-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

People come to play here because its classic eq, as the name project 1999 indicates. There was no global ooc, and there shouldn't be any here. I can counter your argument of driving people off by turning ooc off by the number off people that have left because of what goes on in ooc, or what effect global ooc has on the classic feel of the server. It really is not hard to find a group without ooc, and that is not a valid reason to keep it on or quit over it. Like some poster said above, if you want a group you will find one. Personally I do a a /who "zone" , specifically one I want to hunt in. If no one is there I just head to a crowded zone, or hell, start a group. So finding a group really is not a problem, I guess it would be to people who just want one easily, or handed to them, and we all know eq was not made that way. But in the end it doesnt really matter because there will be chat channels, also non classic, and people can just join them, so same effect as global ooc. But with our without it I play the way I want and I don't let anything get to me, like you said. If you miss the social aspect of global ooc, join a guild, or is that too much work because you have to go find one? Your are also right, this server will never be 100% classic, but it is going to be as close as possible, and I think eveyone should expect that coming to the server. If we let global ooc or chat channels in to make it easier, why not pok stones ect. ect.?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Banned

Is there something im missing here? Isnt the chat channel basically the same thing as global ooc? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The thing with Classic Everquest is that it actually made you talk to other people. It has become apparent that some people really hate that...
Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well you guys are getting what you want, pure classic eq, but i can see people leaving because of it and keeping the population up would seem to be a better goal than to just cater to whiners.

And I never let the people whining get to me, I am pissed because the GMs muted OOC that one time and now removed it, that is what bothers me. At least make it continental. Getting a group was actually fun now it's work, so I am sorry if you guys like that but I don't see the logic in it. Esp since / all LFG doesn't work. And now that you have to go and actually FIND people and ASK if they are looking for group I would like to see you pick a ranger or another "lesser" class over mage or cleric.

EQclassic is not going to happen again officially, so I don't see why you guys don't want to create an actual community with global OOC
It might be time for you to accept that this server wasn't built to cater to everyone. As others have mentioned, there's plenty of different servers out there to fit people's needs.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I do the /who all "zone" and then send tells.
Closed Thread