Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Orc

Default Was Choosing Mithaniel Marr a dumbass idea?

I guess I really like making bad decisions, because not only am I a Half-Elf Paladin, I also happened to Choose Mithanel Marr as my diety thinking, "how much could my god possibly affect my experience?!?"

For starters, I have to deal with Freeport's BS. Got hated with the guards by like level 4 so that was fun.

Then there's apparently some dank 2H sword you can get from a quest if you follow Tunare, so there goes that.

And finally, I've just recently discovered that my Cultural armor requires more expensive mats than any of its counterparts because Mr. Marr thinks he's SOO special that he can demand his armor be forged out of freakin diamonds.

Don't get me wrong. I love my Paladin. He's level 28 and it hasn't been easy, but I think the challenge is part of the fun.

Ultimately though, was Mithaniel Marr a bad move, or is it not going to matter in the long run?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

i made a karana worshipping druid, its painful
Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

IMO the Nature's Defender is a novelty weapon at best. It's not a must have by any means.

Mith Marr is cool, and if you like the identity of your toon more because of that deity choice it's best for you then.

The only issue I view with half elves is their awful wisdom. It's truly the worst of all races.

It won't matter in the end, unless you join a high tier raid guild where your mana pool is the most important factor for your pally. If you grouping mostly and not worried about min/maxing, then your mana pool will be fine.

One good thing about half elves is they got decent cha and dex... and, in some plate pieces they look neat. they also are uncommon as pallies so you got that too.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mith Marr is cool, and if you like the identity of your toon more because of that deity choice it's best for you then.
Yeah, that was honestly why I did it. He seems like the big badass paladin god and that seemed cool to me. I also just think half-elves look hawt, and I like being a more uncommon Paladin race.

I'd like to think I'm gonna raid on him someday but I've heard Paladins need to be massively overgeared to tank anything, so I don't know.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

who in their right mind would worship some elf bimbo named tunare?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Go hard and rock it, OP. You may not have the best gear available to you, but your skill as a Paladin tank is far more contingent on timing and use of spells. I'm sure you'll be able to trash-tank as raid paladins do no problem.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Orc

HEY I KNOW WHAT I'M ABOUT
Old 07-24-2017, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Mithaniel Marr is a good choice. I read somewhere that deity specific idols are now in-game so get yourself a Marr idol and wear it proudly.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mithaniel Marr is a good choice. I read somewhere that deity specific idols are now in-game so get yourself a Marr idol and wear it proudly.
Psst, wrong idol. It's this one.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread