Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default P99 merchants should only display 30 items

I came across this patch note from 9/4/2002:

Quote:
Merchants now display up to 80 items in their inventory. There should also be less delay when opening up merchant windows
So that got me wondering what the previous merchant inventory was.

I came across this thread here (dated 8/11/02, before the above mentioned patch), complaining how they have problems in the bazaar displaying only 30 items:

Quote:
PC vendors can only have 30 items for sale at a time, if they have more than that in satchels, they'll still show up on /bazaar searches, but you won't be able to buy them without vendor mining
This is basically how we know vendors work, they can only display so much inventory, but as you buy items other inventory becomes available.

Quote:
30 items is the hardcoded limit for vendors. Since the bazaar uses existing Vendor code, VI have specifically stated there are no immediate plans to change the number of items a PC can have for sale. So don't be too surprised hehe.
Other people in the thread mention 30, but these are the relevant quotes (someone does say about 20 items but is corrected to say 30).

Also mentions that tradeskillers had been frustrated for a while not having larger inventory displays, that 30 items limited them.

I had a friend verify for me that P99 displays 40 items on a vendor. Might i ask if there was evidence to this figure or maybe was it a placeholder due to lack of evidence? Or maybe a client issue from some future expansion?

Thank you for your consideration of this change... always looking to keep it classic.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

I am curious though if it is truly a client limitation, one would expect 80 items to be viewed here if so (is that how live is today?). Or if they knew it was less than 80 and just chose to cut it in half as a band-aid or from some other evidence. I didn't see any mention in searching the bug forums here.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should also be less delay when opening up merchant windows
Clearly there should be an additional delay added to opening the vendor screen in our current timeline. That's in addition to the delay that's currently missing to emulate dial-up modems.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Next item you should look in to, Rygar, is the /assist macro. I wonder if that even existed in our timeline.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

So, have my recent bug posts annoyed you or something Mr. Fash? You are clearly trolling me here, this isn't the appropriate forum for that.

You seem to imply I am just griefing and making things harder (lol remove /assist while you're at it), when in truth I'm simply trying to help make things accurate. I have made posts on both sides of the fence. If i come across info that doesn't jive with how P99 functions, I make a post about it.

You are joking about the delays and modem speeds, but i think Haynar said staff actually debated adding features like that in but decided against it.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, have my recent bug posts annoyed you or something Mr. Fash? You are clearly trolling me here, this isn't the appropriate forum for that.
Giving suggestions for next areas to investigate, not trolling.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Oh right. Obvious troll is obvious.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Jesus, why so butthurt? Fail to see why so mad when someone is just helping to contribute. So i have some in-game friends verify some info for me while i haven't replaced my comp.. not a big deal really.