Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Large Bat

Default My experience on RED99.

Hi, some of u know me, some of u dont. I may be a troll on this forums but anyone who encountered me in game be pvp or pve knows who and how i am. I love EverQuest like many of u do, and i dont understand playing this kind of game without pvp. I enjoy being pvped, i enjoy wining or loosing and most of all i enjoy learning and gettin better, even on a 50pop box. Been playing here since Nihilum and Hokuten times, in and out, just enjoying Everquest content, in all its lvls. This is the history that made me quit this server for good, so this is the story that made me quit EverQuest, sad story : (.
Im sure many of know u know this player, as im sure he will be reading this post and maybe enjoying it, wich im glad since im sure he needs lots of joy in his life, we all need it. I first met Malory in Karnors Castle, while helping a friend kinda new to EQ try and go for his canni2 quest, Malory was one of the many with lvl 59 epiced toons in the best dropable gear parked in KC to snipe some YTs from leveling toons, typical things i dont care dealing with, eventhou they are sad as fuck. Malory just loged in and out and messed with us without being able to get any YT as its normal when u jump people on a zoneline. The thing comes the next several days, when we finally got the damn drop for the canni2 quest (spamming /who every single day knowing malory would come 2 or 3 times in a row, it was fun to fight her trying everthing we got but we just kept gettin rekt without a DS potion) so we left KC for good and went back in rathe mts farming some plat when suddenly, the next day, Malory poped on /who, i was surprised she wanted to run to rathe mts to see if i was there, i was surprised he did even know that i was there. I went for her, like i always do since i love a fight. I wont speak about how terrible he is at jousting, about he not even using poisons against a shammy in opendoors etc, ill just say hes very average.
When people pvp me i use to engage in /tell and speak about the fight, always with respect and this time was no different. Malory kept trying the next day also, im not sure why but made me feel important, second day in rathe was like the 5th consecutive day this dude kept coming for me. Im sure he knows he cant get an YT so i was amused on why he kept trying...the funny thing comes the 3rd and 4th day, when suddenly an idea poped my mind after a weird situation, wich i verified the next day, Malory is using ShowEQ 100% sure to track players live in the zone shes in, thats the ONLY way he could do what he did, and i will explain it now.

1st situation : situation is very weird, i was farming cc caverns for like 3h, as soon as i get ported back to grobb and i run to rathe, as soon as i zone into rathe i get malory on my back, it felt fucking amazing HOW THE FUCK he did that? maybe it was just luck, he did /who and saw me online and went for me, and it was timing, i was like OK but my mind started to think and heres what i did, i know i zone faster than him cos we been fighting for days now, so i zone back and pop cheeta, i got /who bound to W so i knew i zoned faster, i poped cheeta and was already running when he was able to zone in, i change my camera on f9 and see hes on in sight so i try and go hide behind some trees, like 300 or 400m inside the zone, pretty sure he would have to look in the whole zone, and facing the direction he could come from, what happens is that in 20s he poped in my back and tried a BS, i was fast and he couldnt, we fought and i had to gate. Im so amused i started looked what kind of cheats people could use to do that so i learnt about how showEQ works, pretty sure at this point he may be using that, cos that move was like 1% chance it happens naturally.

2nd situation : this happened yesterday, been fighting this dude wich is a pain in the ass since i need to be fully buffed, with pet out and ds pot to even have a chance, for a whole week now and im starting to think due to the previous situation that hes a cheating motherfucker also, but its ok, luck is a thing and it could be luck. Im farming rathe again and he pops on /who, i gate, come back 15 mins later and dude poped again, hes drive is amazing lol xd. This time as he was trying to joust me i kept kiting him and farming, got 2 giants and some plat untill he managed to get some bs and my pet low so i knew i had to gate, so i did. NOW READ THIS cos for me is the confirmation, u can say wathever u want, but this is how it happened. Im bound in grobbs bank, so i knew that if this guy was cheating he could pop on me so i went on to zone over to swamp of no hope, it was no surprise a moment later he showed on /who, i didnt wanna fight on the zl next to my bind point and i wanted to test if he was cheating, so i choose to run over to ro zl, passing by guk zl, 10 secs later he showed on /who so he had no form to know where i was, or to where i was running to, what happened makes everything very clear, i zoned into ro and started chatting in /ooc, trashtalking a bit like i always do, like 25 seconds after i zoned, malory zoneds in and goes for it, IT WAS HILARIOUS, i couldve zoned into grobb again, i couldve ran to guk zl, i could be bound inside guk or by guk zl, i could be bound in ro zl also yeah, all the possibilites are there for u to choose, but ofc Malory showed on the proper zl seconds after me. What happened next is a chase and an obvious plug, a a win for a cheating dude who is not allowing another one to play using hacks, not skill. Enjoy i guess since i dont think GMs do give a fuck.

I know he hangs out with the Sanctuary guys, i know there is more than 1 people hacking using MQ2 or ShowEQ, i know it is known. It just feels sad, even more when people with this low skill can take advantage and ruin other peoples game experience. I tell u, i thrive on defeat, i love to learn, BUT I WILL NEVER CHEAT, NOR ON LIFE NOR ON A VIDEOGAME, and the result of that is me not being able to play my toon, if he was not cheating, pretty sure i wouldnt have to plug and i could have kept playing.

Red99 sucks on this state, nor for its community, nor for its several lvl 60s on bis gear or deleveled alts, that is part of EQ pvp wich i love, red99 sucks cos of cheaters, and it took me a long way to notice that, yeah, im sad cos i love everquest and im quiting the game for good : \ ENJOY UR SERVER WE COULDVE MADE THIS A BETTER PLACE, with a proper community and a higher population, u all know its ur fault. think about it cos what u did to this server, and what u do on this server may reflect ur day to day life.

TLDR ; u guys are playing with real life people, not some dumb IA, get ur shit together plz.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Orc

if a guy zoning after you from innothule to sro is proof of hacking ive got a lot of petitions to fill out
Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Aviak

R I P
Old 04-27-2018, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Red is....
Old 04-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

do not quit

load Fraps and get them banned

worked wonders with flak

he afraid to cheat now when I'm in zone and dies to me like an insect. like he should

sad sad man

if u want a great strategy to catch cheaters pm me. I got a good 1 for ya
Last edited by Tune; 04-27-2018 at 06:34 PM..
Old 04-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Kobold

When someone first zones, it shows them unanonymous in the zone they just entered for a short time. If you put someone on your friends list and spam /who all friends, you can basically track their movements. I think some people have worked out a solution to pull the details from the logs and keep a running list of the current zone of everyone on their friends list. Could be something like that, which is sorta in the gray area - not cheating exactly, but certainly not honorable either, since it is leveraging the design failure in the game, not the skill of the player.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

That sucks. Reminds me of Chewie during the glory days.

Chewie doesn’t play her anymore. After a while, neither will Malory and his circus clown crew and enjoy the game however you can.

Persevere and rise above. It’ll be worth it.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

tl;dr but I know this post is about me.

this guy is bound in grobb only goes to rathe mountains or kc and calls me a hacker when he runs behind a tree, sits down, and expects me to not notice

cheetahs north from grobb, by the time I get to guk he's still in zone so I know he kept going north and I check sro calls me a hacker again lmao

cya
Old 04-27-2018, 07:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sanctuary is trying to promote server health. I was personally in Discord with the player Malory while he chased you, there was no show EQ. The guy used common knowledge to chase you down. 1: Folks in discord told him exactly where you were bound. He went there. 2: When you are in a zone running directly toward a zone line, it really is not that hard to see that and do your best to cut you off before you get there, any Red player will try this so that you can't plug out. 3: As for boxing, the dude just ate a 30 day suspension busted red handed, personally I hate boxers because they would rather farm the shit themselves to be greedy which pushes people who would love to play with you and help for a cut away. You know who you are! 4: Quit bitching and get better. #SwatheFearlessLeader #phatestgnomecockonthebox
Old 04-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

ignore the trolls and keep on trucking. game is so wonderful.
Closed Thread