Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 04:40 AM
Aviak

Default AFK-friendly exp/money

I'm coming back and was hoping to make some money/EXP while studying. I can't monitor the screen but checking in once every 20 min to dump mana or kill a PH is fine. Something without adds/pathers or needing to be kept split would be mandatory. Permafrost is permacamped it seems.

49 necro (CoS/Jboots)
45 troll shaman (JBB/banded/some hp filler like 5-55 rings)
45 ikky monk (Jboots,IFS/22% haste/wu's/5-55 rings, 1 tink bag/soiled bag)
46 druid (200 wis, aoe staff)
30 human mage (Jboots, all focus items but rest is mostly cloth)
Old 04-29-2018, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

38-48 Spectres (6 min respawn, best done in Feerott as its quietest and they all single pull)
20-49 Paineel guards (factioning in the Warrens might be required if not necro/enchanter who can charm a guard for a key to the city, no faction hits)
47-53 Felwithe guards (on a 20ish min respawn), I always preferred the ones at the back of Felwithe outside the casters guild. Would get your necro to 53 easily. Bind at Steamfont druid rings, gate to sell, run back, bank around the wall in Felwithe.
47-53 Highkeep nobles/bards (6 min respawn, vendor at Tarn Visilin, FD bank)

Other considerations....

Seafuries 50ish (OOT), Kelethin guards 47-53 (the wanderer outside the rogue guild not a bad place to start), Pyzjn(?) + check Hadden (no exp), inner Kaladim guards, Neriak FQ guards (not easy to break), Spirocs in TD.

Mostly cash camps with a bit of XP attached. If you want good XP with a bit of cash, I'd group instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2018, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Argyn shieldStan in Qeynos aqueducts is exactly what you want for the 30 Mage.

Blood sabre spectres were good on live if you want a second character trashing that faction. Hell, you have a lot of toons at spectre level; maybe camp a toon in Qeynos aqueduct, one in ocean of tears, one in feerrott, one in oasis.

Necro can fear kite pained soul ph in trakanon's teeth.

Park a toon outside Kaesora to farm bone masks every few hours, especially if your monk has a weak face.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Kobold

I'd port on your druid if you just want money. It is really hard (for me) to study efficiently while fighting. Even with the downtime, the game is pretty involving.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Aviak

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20-49 Paineel guards (factioning in the Warrens might be required if not necro/enchanter who can charm a guard for a key to the city, no faction hits)
I know the guards are level 15 and you can stay until 21 but how are you doing that block of levels there? is there really tiers of guards that allow you to stay there that long? the wiki doesn't list them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd port on your druid if you just want money
I used to but I can't anymore due to frequent crashing on zone, even then it was only a couple hundred pp an hour at best. I don't know if people default to the highest level druid in DAP because they don't know what circle spells unlocks all group teles or what but I wasn't very thrilled with the juggling tells for low pay off @ 46, maybe more opens up with succor or something IDK. Not uncommon for requests to run to Qeynos Arena for 20pp and cast wolf form for half an hour. Got 200pp tip once but the average was ~30 playing euro hours (NA are a LOT better tippers but the competition is higher in that time block).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Argyn shieldStan in Qeynos aqueducts is exactly what you want for the 30 Mage. Park a toon outside Kaesora to farm bone masks every few hours, especially if your monk has a weak face.
Argyn is listed as 30 on the wiki and thus an even con. Is he an undercon or can I really take evens chain casting my level 29 focused fire pet? Queynos is quite the run I wanna check before I commit to it. And do you have a ball park for the bone mask selling price? easy enough to get the druid up there, I camped one for my monk but Ahungry and the wiki don't list a sell price.
Last edited by Hakubi; 05-04-2018 at 09:02 PM..
Old 05-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Casually kill sarnak in loio inside the fort. Chance of 6k bracer of hidden + noob items for friends or noobs in zone to trade for good karma. Fairly decent gem drops. 30-40 kills an hour nets about 300 - 500p. Sell to neutral vendor at windmill. Bank options = cab / Fb / ot depending on your faction. All generally an equal distance from fort.

Couple of the noob items are 10-20p to vendor. Cerimonial dagger is always useful range for casters if you want to ec tunnel. + HS key named is in fort. 200ish pp most the time for the prod (hs key)

Iron bound tome also drops from advisor next to chancellor, not a highly sought item and doesn't vendor but still can be useful to have.
Last edited by Puluin; 05-04-2018 at 09:30 PM..
Old 05-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Kobold

Alternatively the 6-minute bard diet is a nice casual xp camp for various levels and classes.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys

I know the guards are level 15 and you can stay until 21 but how are you doing that block of levels there? is there really tiers of guards that allow you to stay there that long? the wiki doesn't list them.

I used to but I can't anymore due to frequent crashing on zone, even then it was only a couple hundred pp an hour at best. I don't know if people default to the highest level druid in DAP because they don't know what circle spells unlocks all group teles or what but I wasn't very thrilled with the juggling tells for low pay off @ 46, maybe more opens up with succor or something IDK. Not uncommon for requests to run to Qeynos Arena for 20pp and cast wolf form for half an hour. Got 200pp tip once but the average was ~30 playing euro hours (NA are a LOT better tippers but the competition is higher in that time block).

Argyn is listed as 30 on the wiki and thus an even con. Is he an undercon or can I really take evens chain casting my level 29 focused fire pet? Queynos is quite the run I wanna check before I commit to it. And do you have a ball park for the bone mask selling price? easy enough to get the druid up there, I camped one for my monk but Ahungry and the wiki don't list a sell price.
Get a high level porter to evacuate you to west Karana and evac again to the qhills zoneline?

If you don't have confidence in yourself and the pet, maybe wait till 34?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Try moving your log files to a back up folder to cut down on crashes, and even your eq client.ini (you may need to reset some options after doing so).

The mask used to sell for 700pp not sure what now, but it is a decent weightless ac boost for any mid level toon.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys

It's like a progression through Paineel. As you step through towards the bank the guards get harder.

The 2 at the base of the elevator have long spawn times but are around 18(?)

Then the next "pair" are about 22ish, same level as the pair through the portcullis where the erudite lady paths.

Then around to the bank, Yerlash is about 27 I think, and the 2 wanderers are about the same, maybe 26.

Then if you go up towards the necro guild you'll see a big courtyard area with 2 pairs of guards facing each other with a fountain/water feature in the middle. These are 34-35 from memory and can be done up to 47-48 (and beyond if you don't mind the XP being slower).

The quirk when you get to those is further along there's 2 pairs of guards guarding a building, and they are the same level as the ones guarding the base of the lift - so ironically they are a good place to start. They will both aggro unless you can lull/harmony/screaming terror/root/etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope all that helps. When I started on the red server a long time back it was the only way I knew how to get a bankroll going, and being a nearly naked enchanter on a pvp server it was sheltered [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]