Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Skeleton

Default Losing skills points if you die and de-level?

I had research trained to 16 last night when I leveled up.

Then I died twice in a row, lost my level to 15. I regained the level quickly, but what happened is my skill list shows Research only at 5 point (shown in red) rather than 16.

However, my class trainer shows that I have 16 skill and refuses to train me higher.

What exactly is happening? Anyone know?
Old 05-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

You still have your original research points, you're just capped by your level.

I remember the patch where this was introduced, turned out my necro at the time had something like 115 in red rather than the 150 or whatever I'd trained him up to before it was rightly capped where it should be.

Side tip, keep your research book on you and do as much combining as you can while you level. A lot of people just vendor the words and will "do it later". If grouped, offer other classes words in exchange for anyone who loots words/runes you need.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Have you tried logging in and then back out to see if they are synced up?
Old 05-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a client/server disagreement, your skills server-side are still at lvl 16
Well, as long as the server knows where my research level is I guess won't have to worry about failing at every attempt hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried logging in and then back out to see if they are synced up?
Yep, several times. I wonder if maybe it'll correct itself the next time I level up.
Last edited by TRAIN TO ZONE; 05-06-2018 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: adding to original
Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 PM
Skeleton

So I just hit lvl 17 and now it says I have 10 skill in Research (still a red number). Going to put a point in at the trainer and see if that corrects it. Really annoying.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAIN TO ZONE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just hit lvl 17 and now it says I have 10 skill in Research (still a red number). Going to put a point in at the trainer and see if that corrects it. Really annoying.
Nevermind. I just realized I can't put any more points into it until level 19.

Oh well. Hopefully the combines go with the server stat and not the client stat.

Or is it artificially capped right now because my trainer gave me 16 points even though my level says that skill cap can't be that high yet?

((Haven't played since 2002 so it's like relearning everything over again)).
Last edited by TRAIN TO ZONE; 05-06-2018 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: I think I found reason for initial issue.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

It's capped, as was explained above. You probably don't have any confusion between the client and server; they both know it's capped.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's capped, as was explained above. You probably don't have any confusion between the client and server; they both know it's capped.
Yep. Had to search around online and found that Research is capped to (Level-15)*5.

So (17-15)*5=10

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Closed Thread