Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

Default Necro Solo Spots (new necro returning)

I made a necro last year and quit P99 for awhile, he's my first real alt so he has a few small twink items from my cleric XPing, like Froglok Robe from Sebilis. But most slots are not filled.

Either way -- I have been trying a bunch of spots to level. I tend to use the ZEM list to find the highest ZEM possible -- Also I use Sesserdrix's guide which is helpful and very nicely laid out. My main problem is finding a camp that isn't camped and while waiting for a good camp, finding something that isn't totally awful.

Currently I am lvl 28 and doing Highpass since 26 on and off, The guards are amazing XP, most are killable for me on first floor, fear kiting works well in the back hall but its often very crowded as well. Even sitting in the front room and killing the 3 minute spawn is great 2-3% per kill every 3 mins, can't beat it.

I also do Sol A sometimes, just pulling to the Sol B zoneline near the front and fear kiting back there, often ridiculously overcamped.

Other spots I have tried:
Treants - Always camped, lots of resists, great plat
Aviaks - So many greens around mixed in with the mobs, also heavy camped
Upper Guk - mostly greens now unless I go back by AC, which there is no place to pull

Does anybody have any good areas for when I hit 29, I guess I could stay in Highpass for a long time if I wanted to, right? I like a little variety though as well. I left Kunark pretty early, I was told to WW Giants but they seem to take forever to kill and the XP seems pretty bad compared to some of these high ZEM areas.

I was thinking maybe at 29 I could go back to Unrest and try my hand at Tower, I did Tower on my cleric from I think 30-33 or so.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Everything seems heavily contested, but maybe that's just the way it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anything in Kunark / Velious maybe that is worth the travel time?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Banned

Synthrax in field of bone. It may be a bit rough until 31-32, but exp is amazing once you get the technique down. Make sure to charm and get hungry earth. Use the search, people have made posts on this camp.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I actually had fun 29-34 on the orcs in crystal caverns. Can get a feel for mob positions with invis and there are a few long hallways to fear kite with snare.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Aviak

I have a few necro specific thoughts:

-Unrest basement, charming, use invis to break. This would be an interesting challenge for you, potentially great exp, loot. Or try duo/small group here.

-LOIO, fear kiting near the windmill. Vendor nearby. Tough to get to if you aren't iksar. Pretty safe and typically uncamped. As a bonus challenge, you can get a Goblin Gazughi ring here which you can use for charming or sell for 7k. You can also get a bracer of the hidden (probably with a group or high lvl friend) which sells for 7k or can be used for a nice junk buff.

-ICO, fear kiting near pirates. Mobs have higher HP. Vendor nearby. Easy to port to. Pretty safe. Typically uncamped. Access to velious keys if you don't have them. Start tagging Giants for easy faction and level up in Velious.

-Overthere, fear kiting. Good grouping opportunities here, ports, vendor, banking, etc. Branch out from here into various Kunark zones for exp and dungeon keys later on.
Last edited by Asaer.Nil; 06-05-2018 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Banned

I know you're asking for solo spots, but knowing you have empty gear slots, I would recommend High Keep Goblins.

You get the high ZEM and you can collect Left Goblin Ears (which sell for 25p each) and FS weapons and Ore.

I actually stayed there until level 36, which is probably a bit too long, but a great spot nonetheless.

Then you can solo around ramp in OT. A great spot because you can bum a Chloro or two off the druids waiting to port people.

Chloro + SoW and you're in heaven.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Synthrax in field of bone. It may be a bit rough until 31-32, but exp is amazing once you get the technique down. Make sure to charm and get hungry earth. Use the search, people have made posts on this camp.
These are brutal fucking undercons. High damage and solid resists. They also have a ranged instant nuke they cast semi frequently. It doesn't deal a lot damage, I think like 30, but it'll interrupt your sitting if you're trying to camp a few adds or swap a spell.

Make sure you bind on the beach nearby and bring some fish scales for breath of the dead. To get into the caves you need to go through a rather lengthy underwater tunnel, and it's just long enough that you may take drowning damage without high swimming skill (100 at least) or EB.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

Starting at around 29 you can do FM giants. XP may not be the best, but it's a lot of fun and with a chance for some decent loot. Also there are are usually opportunities for small groups/duos.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Halfling guards at the wall in misty

You will make selling spears 4k by level 35 and the xp is stupid good.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-06-2018, 06:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by datom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually had fun 29-34 on the orcs in crystal caverns. Can get a feel for mob positions with invis and there are a few long hallways to fear kite with snare.
This is a pretty fun zone as a necro. Also you can keep working through the whole zone and be still getting decent xp at 40. Push down past the little dwarf strong hold and do that first terror room. Then you can finish at the Geonids. Decent loot at the geos for a non twink. Make about 100-200p per clear in vendor gems per clear, which takes about 20-30 minutes.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are brutal fucking undercons. High damage and solid resists. They also have a ranged instant nuke they cast semi frequently. It doesn't deal a lot damage, I think like 30, but it'll interrupt your sitting if you're trying to camp a few adds or swap a spell.

Make sure you bind on the beach nearby and bring some fish scales for breath of the dead. To get into the caves you need to go through a rather lengthy underwater tunnel, and it's just long enough that you may take drowning damage without high swimming skill (100 at least) or EB.
Yep. They also social aggro quite easily. I was getting some weird adds popping through the wall in that first entrance hallway too. I definitely wouldn't go there any earlier than 32. It was also a lot more populated than I anticipated. There were 4 or 5 people there when I showed up.

They do lifetap like you say as well. I'm not sure if you can sit outside the range of the casts like you can with Spectres though.
Closed Thread