Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Guardian skyshrine items revisited

So I have a bard and wizard in the 50's, and I have a feeling if both were 60 neither could handle the mobs who drop the guardian armor and robe. I want a guardian robe for my bard as much as I want his epic ;p Is there a safe strategy for soloing these mobs, and also, does the "a gargoyle guard" drop any of them or only "Guardian Name".

I know the items are the rarest in the game and any particular item can take tens of thousands of kills and that they are some of the most outlandish under cons as well. I just want to secure one kill, then ill worry about the 10,000.

I might raise up a class who *could* kill them at 60 (which I guess is pretty much a shaman) just to get the damn robe for my bard I want it that much.

Is the courtyard the best bet? Is there any tricks to dealing with the regeneration they have? Its a shame that i'm actually able to charm them to fight each other on the bard, but their regen is stronger then the damage that the other guardians do to each other so they stay full during charm fights.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Been awhile since I've doke guardians, but definitely have a few thousand kills under my belt. Bard and Wiz are both going to be pretty garbo at doing this. Bard it too little DPS and wiz will be slow due to needing to med. You really want a higher DPS melee who can invis, and ideally split pulls. I've found monk, ranger, and warrior to be the best, probably in that order from best to worst depending on gear. My warrior is better geared that my ranger, so he is slightly better for me. IIRC 10 or 11 spawns per round for warrior, 15 or 16 on monk just because he can pull some the warrior can't without adds.

I've also tried it on shaman and found it less than ideal. The regen on those mobs is really a pain in the ass. 60 torp, epic, jbb shaman with mediocre gear wasn't able to do as many spawns as the aforementioned classes.

It'll be slow going for you if you do decide to do it, but pool room is probably your best bet with 4 spawns. A wiz near 60 should be able to root and nuke those, but again you're going to be limited by your mana regen. I would never attempt it on my bard and he's 60, epic, and close to best in slot Kunark era. They're just not built for that camp.

Also, only named guardians drop the armor afaik.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:37 PM
Kobold

I'd do it on a melee dps or 60 chanter otherwise you are just lengthening what can turn into a huge time sink.

Shaman is really not that great due to zone regen.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Sk is pretty great, you can invis, split and even pet finish them... Not high dps but at high lvl you easily beat the 50 or so regen they have... And as far as I know, only the named guardians drops armor. I am over 1400kills got two full armor sets, countless rots but no robe yet...
Old 12-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

I have farmed this robe too many times. I actually picked up my 3rd robe last night on my Rogue.

I’ve tried different methods of farming it with multiple different characters (60 Shaman, 60 Enchanter, 60 Monk, 60 Warrior, 60 Ranger and 60 Paladin)

The easiest was definitely the Ranger. They can invis, harmony for single pulls, dispell, and do good DPS. The Monk and Warrior were a close 2nd. Doing it on the Shaman was a pain in the ass. That being said, a Bard can definitely solo it at 60, you’re probably just a bit too low still. I’d wait until 60, and then just park in there and don’t leave until you’ve got your robe lol.

There are 11 pretty local mobs you can kill in a rotation. More of you want to put in the extra work, but I normally do the 11. 4 in the pool room with CS portal, 1 in the dead end hallway at back of pool room, 2 down near bank in bakers room, 3 in a nearby hallway and 1 in the room with the guy who drops the CS shrine key
Old 12-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll be slow going for you if you do decide to do it, but pool room is probably your best bet with 4 spawns. A wiz near 60 should be able to root and nuke those, but again you're going to be limited by your mana regen. I would never attempt it on my bard and he's 60, epic, and close to best in slot Kunark era. They're just not built for that camp.

Also, only named guardians drop the armor afaik.
When I camped my first one, the person I competed with the most on terms of mobs was a Bard. He was able to do the 11 per cycle I typically do with lots of downtime between spawns. It’s definitely doable on Bard, and I’d argue they’re actually really good for it. Being able to invis, lull, run fast and charm is really pretty badass
Old 12-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Im feeling better about this. Ill get my bard tougher. Thanks for the tips
Old 12-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

I've seen the robe drop from "a gargoyle guardian" in the CS zone out room and off the named guardian right becore the maze, so it can drop from both types of guardians.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen the robe drop from "a gargoyle guardian" in the CS zone out room and off the named guardian right becore the maze, so it can drop from both types of guardians.
I’ve heard people say this, so the first/second time I camped the robe I also killed about 3 regular guardians in addition to my 11 mob cycle, and never saw a single piece of guardian armor drop from them. I’m not saying they don’t drop it, but I’m not completely convinced they do. I killed hundreds of them over the course of my first/second farm and never saw a single piece drop from any of them. Until I see a piece for myself I don’t know that I believe they can drop it. .
Old 12-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not saying they don’t drop it, but I’m not completely convinced they do. I killed hundreds of them over the course of my first/second farm and never saw a single piece drop from any of them.
You must have terrible luck then, or we're not talking about the same ones. I only killed 3 of the normal guardians in the CS zone out room per cyclce(using one as a pet), very lazily an hour at a time camping the legs. I had almost a full set of armor by the time I got the piece I wanted, not even counting the duplicate pieces that dropped.
Closed Thread