Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Default to all the people

Who have had trouble logging into blue server recently I have a question. what were the server population numbers looking like when you tried? I never had this problem until last night when it wouldn't let me login past the server selection screen. There were about 1700 people on which seemed like a lot by p1999 standards. I'm wondering if maybe this happens because the servers cannot handle past a certain amount of players. Anyone with knowledge want to drop in their two cents?
Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Not the reason
Old 01-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

If true, Red server must be super unstable then.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Try logging into red, the servers are hosted in the same place.

Feel free to make a character while you're there, Greater Faydark is the best starting area on the server <3
Old 01-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who have had trouble logging into blue server recently I have a question. what were the server population numbers looking like when you tried? I never had this problem until last night when it wouldn't let me login past the server selection screen. There were about 1700 people on which seemed like a lot by p1999 standards. I'm wondering if maybe this happens because the servers cannot handle past a certain amount of players. Anyone with knowledge want to drop in their two cents?
That might be a lot as of late but 1500-1700 was the norm for quite some time. Ive seen over 2k with no issues. Not sure what the logi. Issues are but i doubt its the pop
Old 01-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

it was taking a shit with 500 pop for about 45mins last night.

It aint pop dependent.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Aviak

I notice I have trouble if my own personal internet is bogged down for whatever reason. Downloads on Xbox especially can play havoc with my logging into p99. Lots of streaming (especially Hulu, I've noticed) can also cause issues. I'll get blank server selection screens, crash when zoning, etc. But if I make sure my network isn't being taxed too hard, all my problems vanish.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Crappy DSL can make you time out with the login server. I had that problem for years since it was the only service I could get where I lived at the time. I also find that running the game off a USB will make it flakey trying to login. In both cases, I did notice that it worked better in off peak times than peak times, for whatever reason I couldn't guess.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try logging into red, the servers are hosted in the same place.

Feel free to make a character while you're there, Greater Faydark is the best starting area on the server <3
I see what you’re doing here... Trying to get me there so you can murder me and take my cloth tunic and rusty short sword
Old 01-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see what you’re doing here... Trying to get me there so you can murder me and take my cloth tunic and rusty short sword
There's level 60s in every city waiting for you to make a character so they can kill you... if you believe the stories on the forums.