Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Default Potential "fix" for the stone /list

Just make the manastone be awarded randomly to anyone on the list instead of a set order.

if you camp it for longer, you'll still get many more rolls at getting one, while even average/normal players would have a chance at grabbing one. The mult-users campers will still have advantage, not it they wouldn't be able to lock it down.

Problem solved.

The intent of the list was to prevent small sets of people monopolizing the camps, this is probably the only realistic way to accomplish it.

As a fun side note, everyone will be exited when an eye pops.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Just make the lockout longer
Old 11-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make the lockout longer
I'm not sure it will solve the current issues with it. Not much the camp will still only be held by multi account users.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Kobold

My suggestions was to award DKP for every hour spent at the camp, and award the active current player with the highest DKP the stone. This means time invested is rewarded, and you don't have to camp for days on end. Keep the AFK checks, keep the list, just let people log off and sleep FFS. It also means I can camp a manastone slowly, a few hours a day, and maybe get one.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My suggestions was to award DKP for every hour spent at the camp, and award the active current player with the highest DKP the stone. This means time invested is rewarded, and you don't have to camp for days on end. Keep the AFK checks, keep the list, just let people log off and sleep FFS. It also means I can camp a manastone slowly, a few hours a day, and maybe get one.
people would just log in, not even worry about afk check . relog in again. repeat.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people would just log in, not even worry about afk check . relog in again. repeat.
You need an hour of AFK checks, OR make each DKP 1 AFK check. Every AFK check you make gives you a DKP, that fixes that problem entirely.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Some people wont get list items. Set realistic goals.

*polishes manastone & kicks off a jboot*
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Kobold

You are all dreaming, they arent going to waste a bunch of time working on a system they already wasted time on for the benefit of others, not everyone is going to get a manastone that is just the way it is, life happens and you dont always get what you want, be glad they even put a /list option in the game in the first place or most you wouldnt even have a 1% chance of getting a stone.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Farm plat and pay these guys for one later.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need an hour of AFK checks, OR make each DKP 1 AFK check. Every AFK check you make gives you a DKP, that fixes that problem entirely.
I suppose it could work and it would be reasonably fair. However, it would probably require significant rework of the current system and I don't think the Rog and co. would want to have to do so much to get it working. My suggestion should be fairly simple since nothing changes except a random number at the end, basically. i wanted to suggest something that realistically could get implemented.
Closed Thread