Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 05:55 PM
Large Bat

Default Game crashes at server select

Hi, I recently moved to a new place and I have high speed internet. Absolutely everything that used to work at my old place works for me now at the new place except for P99... i get all the way to server select and it crashes when i hit enter every time... I play on a laptop so I took my laptop to my business and P99 loads up just fine there... so I take it back to my house and it crashes after server select again every single time. I am at a loss of what this could be... I am posting this message from my house while streaming Hulu, so the internet is definitely working just fine here. Any ideas?
Old 01-22-2020, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Your ISP-supplied (I assume) router has a strict firewall enabled. P99 uses non-standard ports and most ISP provided routers block all but the most common ports. Some have a simple interface where you can change it from "high security" to "medium" or "low". Check the support page from your ISP.

Or use a VPN or tether to your phone.

-Mcoy
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 PM
Kobold

I doubt it's the ISP as mcoy suggested.

I've been having tons of packet loss the last week or so and it might be affecting others as well (it has in the past).

You can try a VPN, or just keep re-trying until it goes through. Old EQ had awful netcode for handling packet loss until you were fully logged in. Sometimes takes me 5 tries to get in.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

Do you also load slow at server select? I feel like this last patch did something because sometimes, i can't even connect to the server and I'll have to restart the client.

Other times I just zone really really slow, like over a minute slow.