Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Default [Trooper Scale Pauldrons] Gray Colored Ice

Gray Colored Ice is one of the items needed in order to brew the poison for the Froglok Slave. It is a ground spawn in Frontier Mountains, and is not currently dropping in any of the locations directed by Allakhazam. I believe the quest to be currently incomplete, despite being able to start it in The Overthere.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4348
Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Developer

Fixed, pending update.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Kobold

Bump - I've heard that this is being tested, but here's the original petition.

The Froglok Slave in East Cabilis is currently eating the Grayish Liquid and not returning Froglok Goo.
Last edited by Pillow Armadillo; 07-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

I can vouch for this, I handed the slave the grayish liquid and got no remains on my cursor as some stated on allakhazam.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Project Manager

Opening this thread back up and moving from resolved to bugs.

Under what circumstances should you be allowed to trade with a KoS npc?

Should the froglok slave require a charm? The slaves are FrogloksofKunark and are naturally KoS to Iksars. Actually, they should be the bane of Level 1 Iksars since the guards don't assist with them (fixed, pending update)

I can not think of another instance where you should be able to complete a trade while threateningly/scowling. Anyone else?
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Kobold

i was a iksar warrior on live and never had any problems with any faction on any quest so i dont remember being KoS to any of these
Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Project Manager

Well, they should KoS people until they are lower level.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4729
Old 07-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Kobold

yea your right i remember getting attacked by these now in the city u can log on PEQ server and they attack you but i dont remember having problems with the trooper scale armor and i had and used full suit until hate revamp
Old 07-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opening this thread back up and moving from resolved to bugs.

Under what circumstances should you be allowed to trade with a KoS npc?

Should the froglok slave require a charm? The slaves are FrogloksofKunark and are naturally KoS to Iksars. Actually, they should be the bane of Level 1 Iksars since the guards don't assist with them (fixed, pending update)

I can not think of another instance where you should be able to complete a trade while threateningly/scowling. Anyone else?
In the case you are trading them a poison intended to kill them in cold-blood so you can loot their liquified innards to decorate your shoulders. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The froglok slaves should not require a charm - in my experience (playing a shaman to level 7), the frogs con green as early as level 3 or 4 and only assist when attacked. As this quest is intended for level 20+ warriors, it seems like a change in their behavior would be senseless, in my opinion.

Is it impossible to receive a quest reward from a KoS NPC? Perhaps I missed the point of the question.

Allakhazam quest link (incomplete): http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=813
Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Armadillo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it impossible to receive a quest reward from a KoS NPC? Perhaps I missed the point of the question.
From every example I can think of, yes. Trading with kos npcs usually involved trickery (being out of range, opening window, receiving an invisibility, then completing. Or charming the npc, depending on what faction was necessary. etc)

I'd like to know of any exceptions which should exist.
Closed Thread