Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: should programmable keyboards be allowed under these conditions?
yes 14 37.84%
no 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 01:20 PM
Skeleton

Default free the bards

programmable keyboards and mice should be allowed as long as they don't respond to the game on their own and aren't used while afk. people blow them way out of proportion. they're like /r and other forms of autocomplete. they don't make decisions for you. they save keystrokes to protect the health of your hands and wrists. i'm all for making the client and server as close to classic as possible but this isn't about the client or server. this is about peripherals and ergonomics.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
programmable keyboards and mice should be allowed as long as they don't respond to the game on their own and aren't used while afk. people blow them way out of proportion. they're like /r and other forms of autocomplete. they don't make decisions for you. they save keystrokes to protect the health of your hands and wrists. i'm all for making the client and server as close to classic as possible but this isn't about the client or server. this is about peripherals and ergonomics.
what is stopping u from using a programmable keyboard as long as you are attending the gameplay?
Old 04-30-2020, 01:58 PM
Banned

stopsong in game? bards are split between macroing i hated macroing with the hotbar... cuz it was buggy even with stopsong and/pause

i agree with OP tho put melody in
Old 04-30-2020, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what is stopping u from using a programmable keyboard as long as you are attending the gameplay?
You arent supposed to but I dont think youd be detected. Kind of the whole allowing boxing across servers would be too much of a hassle to make against the rules since they cant box test two characters on seperate servers etc
Old 04-30-2020, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You arent supposed to but I dont think youd be detected. Kind of the whole allowing boxing across servers would be too much of a hassle to make against the rules since they cant box test two characters on seperate servers etc
cool the way I would box test would be to randomly DDoS a specific connection and simulate 1999's internet that way if they are routing thru another tunnel their main pipe would would just go link ded as well because while the tunnel wasnt getting packets thru the middle the end point would still be ded.

i'm not nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2020, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool the way I would box test would be to randomly DDoS a specific connection and simulate 1999's internet that way if they are routing thru another tunnel their main pipe would would just go link ded as well because while the tunnel wasnt getting packets thru the middle the end point would still be ded.

i'm not nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I get it your downloading the server icon so they cant access the romulon nebula and suffer the wrath of the inevitable quickening.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I get it your downloading the server icon so they cant access the romulon nebula and suffer the wrath of the inevitable quickening.
i'm not going to explain this using facts and realism cuz its already apparent u know what i mean already
Old 04-30-2020, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

You were speaking an alien language that I don't know ;D
Old 04-30-2020, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans average more CPM. Save them first.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

I'm really torn on this. On the one hand, obviously such programs were banned on live, so they're clearly unclassic and don't belong here.

On the other hand, as a Shaman who has to insta-click Cann, and as a tradeskiller ... and as a person with real life RSI issues ... this change would be a godsend.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they just nerfed the insta-click thing so I could go back to cann-dancing like we did on Live. I also wouldn't object to Blue (only) getting that melody stuff for Bards ... but really all I care about is consistency. Saying it's against the rules, and making players who play fairly suffer RSI, while not cracking down on cheaters, would truly be the worst option.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread