Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to Poeshoe
Default Creeper Cabbage?

Ok, i checked allah and this Creeper Cabbage for the 3rd necromancer skullcap is Rarity: Common . I have been having major trouble finding them, and not only that, i have killed 7 over the course of 7 hours and didnt get one cabbage. Is that just very bad randomization? Or is the drop rate on those incredibly painfully low... on a semi rare mob?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Developer

Added some more spawns, pending update.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If memory serves me correctly (which i'm hoping it does, but it was a looooong time ago) That quest is a massive pain, the Creeper Cabbage and the Intact Brutling Choppers took days to get.

Best of luck on it though, let me know how it turns out, because eventually i'm going to be walking that same path and doing that quest myself soon enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Orc

Was this spawn made more rare recently? I've spent at least 7 hours in zone across two characters (usually as the only person in zone) and have only seen one. Tried all the spots I've read about while searching too, clearing possible placeholders at each spot or running around the entire zone just looking for the one creeper that might be up.

Update: Just seen him for the second time, probably close to 9 hours invested and he didn't have the quest item. Like the original poster said, seems like a pretty rare spawn for a quest when the mob doesn't always drop the item.

final update: didn't want to bump this post but just to say I got it on the 4th spawn, but probably not worth the camp since the quest line won't be fixed (one of the rank 8 drops isn't in game?) and the last skullcap will never be available. On a side note I noticed that undead skeletons in the area would assist the plants when pulled or plants would assist skells if in range. Maybe they are meant to but it seems like a bug to me.

Good spot to camp them if your trying to xp in the area (lv 12 or higher imo) is about 2/3 of the distance between points 2 and 3 from point 2 on the map and a little south, on that little bit of land between the water shown on the map. Few wandering man eating fern spawns that when cleared may spawn a creeper with the drop.
Last edited by Verden; 08-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: last update
Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Banned

Must.... Resist....Troll..... Creeper Cabbage..... lol
Closed Thread