Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Why play a paladin?

I have my paladin up to lvl 5 right now and was wondering if i should continue or just reroll while im still low lvl. I love the idea of a holy full plate warrior just seems kinda slow solo wise right now. Name is swishy human pal.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

I have been in some very successful, yet unorthidox groups with Paladin's in the past. On my warrior I have been in a group with a Paladin, a Ranger, a Rogue, and a Bard with no healer and we held the Captain spawn in Karnor's no problem. Soloing in EQ is always slow, I would suggest finding a group of players and try to level with them. Grouping is the way to go unless your class is meant for soloing such as a Magician, Enchanter, or Necromancer.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Once you get a few more levels and start groupin with others I think you'll see the fun factor of a Paladin go up a lot. Those first few levels are always a little bit slow for a lot of classes, but I really wouldn't judge how you feel about the class until you give it a little longer. If you think you'll enjoy it I am pretty sure you will!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the idea of a holy full plate warrior just seems kinda slow solo wise right now.
where exactly did you get the idea that paladins were a solo class? your a tank that means find a group. hit up ec for an orc group or something
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the feedback. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Orc

I've done a bit of soloing as a Paladin. No, it isn't the best, but I feel like I'm soloing better than I did as my monk many many years ago. With a good enough weapon, your damage is more than capable of killing something solo, and your ability to self heal (don't forget bandaging to 50% to save mana) puts you ahead of other melee classes as far as soloing is concerned. Undead are especially easy to solo once you have the undead nuke, but they will drain your mana rapidly.

Will you be soloing like a druid or bard, quad kiting things 5 levels above you? No, but you aren't the worst soloer once you have spells.

EDIT: Before I get flamed to shit, I just want to point out I'm still only level 23, my monk in classic was 38, so no, I don't know what its like to solo at 52 or whatever.
Last edited by Tyrrion; 06-06-2011 at 12:30 AM..
Old 06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

I agree with you Tyrrion, I have seen Paladin's rock out in the past. They are useful in groups for tanking/utility as well. Paladin lull for the win! Unless you critically resist then its 'Oh shit!'
Old 06-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

yep, up and through Kunark, with my ranger, I mostly played with a buddy who went pally. Was a strong combo, and including a wizard friend who would join us often. I didn't play Pally in EQ (had a cleric), but I did in EQ2 and liked the class. Anyway, he didn't do well solo unless with undead, much like the cleric.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Think ill stick with him. I do like tanking for people and i completely forgot about LoH. If anyone needs a pally in guild let me know ill try my best! Swishy.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrafn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where exactly did you get the idea that paladins were a solo class? your a tank that means find a group. hit up ec for an orc group or something
soloing is not bad xp
Closed Thread