Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Default Top 5 Most Memorable Events in MMO History

Just thought i'd reshare this. I found this in some old post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT -> http://www.mmocrunch.com/2007/12/04/...morpg-history/

HAha my bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Asher
Last edited by DevGrousis; 06-20-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Hmm. I think you're a victim of 'Premature Submission'.
Care to finish the sharing?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

premature e-shareulation

Asher
Old 06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

I would also add the opening of the Ahn Qiraj gates to this.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Foh trying to kill rathe council

Shit was hilarious
Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Foh trying to kill rathe council

Shit was hilarious
Furor's "You have 14 days" rant.

Hell everything that idiot said or did over the years and how he completely played everyone including Brad himself.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Ok, guys explain these events for those of us who dont know what your talking about! This could be a cool thread, everyone add your event to the list if you think it belongs!

But make sure you add details!!

Asher
Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furor
You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Aviak

And then he became (and still is?) a quest writer for WoW.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

I think he's a full content developer by now. Anyway, Furor was a pretentious asshole, but he was right about a lot of things and he knew his shit. You can't take that away from him. He used to say all the things everyone else said, but he was a prolific enough person that it mattered when he said it. It also takes some confidence to be that straight-forward and confrontational when you're in his position, because the possible consequence is for the developers to hate you and do things to spite you. And I believe they did; FoH didn't get beta invites for certain things despite being pretty much the top guild in the game.
Closed Thread