Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Skeleton

Default Trio Suggestions

Can anyone offer suggestions on some good 3-man group setups? Something for leveling together but also melding into full groups when they are available? I'm not sure if it would be better to streamline or look for three classes with utility.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

SK
Shaman
Monk or Necro or Enchanter

Would be a nice trio, give you tank, heals, slow, haste, pulling/dps or crowd control
Old 03-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter druid combos give you access to every single ability in the game so if you add any sort of tank to that duo you are golden.

heal
slow
haste
nuke
dot
root
snare
ds
charm
mez
regen
mana regen
buff
debuff
stun
invis
invis vs. undead
sow
ports
evac

Am I forgetting anything?
Last edited by guineapig; 03-23-2010 at 01:12 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Bard
Shaman
Anything - (tank is obvious here, especially a hybrid. Ranger can even be considered, since the collective debuffs of the above classes render him a viable tank until you can group something else in.)
Last edited by Ferok; 03-23-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Orc

I like the War (make sure you get something that procs) Cleric Mag groups
Old 03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerklein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the War (make sure you get something that procs) Cleric Mag groups
It's funny cause this is what we were thinking and have somewhat started. I think we're nervous about the Warrior aggro issues. These are not twinks so getting geared up will not be easy.

Thank you all for the suggestions. We're reading this and getting some very helpful ideas.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

As a warrior I would recommend the SK/Pally/rang/ or whatever to serve as a tank... I play a warrior and it's pretty demoralizing sometimes how hard I have to work to hold aggro
edit* not that it can't be done or whatever, just that you're better off with an SK unless your tank friend or yourself is committed... warriors are still cool as hell, just take that much more work for the same return
Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Orc

If you guys know how to play the game, argo wont become a problem in that group till you get close to lvl 8 or so and by then you should be able to pic up a procing weopen for the war
Old 03-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

I don't know of a pre-10 proccing weapon
Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter druid combos give you access to every single ability in the game so if you add any sort of tank to that duo you are golden.

<list>

Am I forgetting anything?
Nope, pretty interesting combo when you put it that way.

Unfortunately, prior to the addition of the %heals (which is PoP era I think) I remember druids just not being a very adequate group healer in Velious/Kunark.

Similarly, I can remember being annoyed when a group had both a druid and a cleric: the druid ended up spending mana nuking since typically a cleric could handle the heals (especially when you count in slows). And unfortunately, druid is a very weak dps class for group purposes.

I guess my point is: it's a nice trio, but at some point you've got something akin to dead weight in a class that isn't very useful in a 6-man group. I guess the utility makes up for it though, if they're very skilled. Since druids solo so often/easily, there's often a lack of "group skills" in many players which may account for part of my sentiment.
Closed Thread