Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Default An ordinary AC rant....or is it?

I'm 47 now and want my jboots, not unreasonable, right? I'm a wizard so I can quad. If I had jboots it would be much easier to do. I had them on Live way back and I want them again now. It is time. Maybe.

Thursday...started in Sro, why? Because I know how to camp the AC there. Yes, I know the camp perfectly. First day, I put in a good 13 hours, around 25 PHs, no ring. But I set up camp and a guildie gets them. Yay!

Friday...again Sro. Why? Because I checked OOT and the line was 4 or 5 deep. Also I didn't know if I could solo the PH there. Another 6 hours, 12 PHs, no ring. Camp is set up perfectly, another guildie gets them. Hooray!!

Saturday..again...you guess it, Sro. Got up at 4AM put in 3 hours, nothing. I camp come back someone has camp. Cool. I stay with them, show them the ropes and am in and out doing guild stuff and whatnot.

Sunday....Tic toc, tic toc...it's now close to 3AM and no AC (plus it's this morning now).

I leave and hit OOT for a change. Feorah and From are holding camp, and as I get there Feorah gets her ring. Awesome! 3 hours between ACs they both got their rings. It's a reasonable time to put into this camp, and I'm happy for my friends. They help me for an hour and have to leave so I call up a lvl 35 necro to help me. Now at 47, the highest PH is a bit tough for us. I snare, she fears, we kill. I had to camp aggro twice because of snare resists with her FD'ing. CCs are called all night...there are only 6-8 people in zone with peps at seafuries and Dino AND there is no line for the camp. Noone sent me a tell for the camp.

So at a little before 6 AM (I'm EST), she LDs, presumedly because of the weather. Hurricane is kicking up, winds and all here. I'm soloing now, and a cyclops pops but he's tough. Resists snare right away, no SoW, and I try and kite the sucker. I get him to about 50% and I'm less and I'm going to camp aggro. Then Lo and Behold, a high gnome mage arrives! I jump up and ask for help. Mage attackes with pet, but does not accept my invite into for a group. I throw some nukes, he's on me, I die.....

Now at this time, the mage has the camp, I'm in OT, and I just know after putting in my 3 hours that the AC is going to pop. He sends me a tell..."Hail an Ancient Cyclops." Port to Nro, run to EFP, boat there! At this point I know I'm lost. The "rules" of the games state you leave you lose camp of course. Camp is LOST to me.. MY camp.. Camp I put MY time into. Mage does hold camp for me but I'm back in a jiffy....and into my 4th day, kinda peeves...well honestly I'm totally PISSED even now.

These things happen, right? WRONG! I went through in my count 55 PHs of the AC with no ring. The probability (if it were random) of this happening is 1-(0.9)^55 which is equal to 0.003. This mean 3 in 1000 times this should happen. So I'm unlucky? No. What should have happened was mage accepting my invite, helping me out, wait til I was back to kill AC, and me get my ring. I do not care what YOU think, this is the right way to play. It's the ethical thing to do. With 365 accounts in disarray now, we should be focusing on ethics now instead of the "RULES." Grow up you guys. If the tables were turned, yes I would have held camp and given YOU the drop. And those who know me would agree 100%.

But in those 3 hours, I did get to talk to a most wonderful, beautiful person in this game. In all honestly, I wouldn't have traded this "failure" for anything, because we chatted and she helped me with the camp. I'm sorry you went LD, because that was YOUR ring there. I was going to give it to you because I can get it anytime now. Go ahead, state your silly opinions now about the "rules" of the game with zero regard to the feelings of others. As a guildleader if there are any of you with honor, integrity, and principles, please apply to Prodigy. I know there are some of you out there. All of you others who play by the rules, go screw yourselves.

I am taking a few weeks off now...still pissed.

Xaxian
Old 08-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 47 now and want my jboots, not unreasonable, right? I'm a wizard so I can quad. If I had jboots it would be much easier to do. I had them on Live way back and I want them again now. It is time. Maybe.

Thursday...started in Sro, why? Because I know how to camp the AC there. Yes, I know the camp perfectly. First day, I put in a good 13 hours, around 25 PHs, no ring. But I set up camp and a guildie gets them. Yay!

Friday...again Sro. Why? Because I checked OOT and the line was 4 or 5 deep. Also I didn't know if I could solo the PH there. Another 6 hours, 12 PHs, no ring. Camp is set up perfectly, another guildie gets them. Hooray!!

Saturday..again...you guess it, Sro. Got up at 4AM put in 3 hours, nothing. I camp come back someone has camp. Cool. I stay with them, show them the ropes and am in and out doing guild stuff and whatnot.

Sunday....Tic toc, tic toc...it's now close to 3AM and no AC (plus it's this morning now).

I leave and hit OOT for a change. Feorah and From are holding camp, and as I get there Feorah gets her ring. Awesome! 3 hours between ACs they both got their rings. It's a reasonable time to put into this camp, and I'm happy for my friends. They help me for an hour and have to leave so I call up a lvl 35 necro to help me. Now at 47, the highest PH is a bit tough for us. I snare, she fears, we kill. I had to camp aggro twice because of snare resists with her FD'ing. CCs are called all night...there are only 6-8 people in zone with peps at seafuries and Dino AND there is no line for the camp. Noone sent me a tell for the camp.

So at a little before 6 AM (I'm EST), she LDs, presumedly because of the weather. Hurricane is kicking up, winds and all here. I'm soloing now, and a cyclops pops but he's tough. Resists snare right away, no SoW, and I try and kite the sucker. I get him to about 50% and I'm less and I'm going to camp aggro. Then Lo and Behold, a high gnome mage arrives! I jump up and ask for help. Mage attackes with pet, but does not accept my invite into for a group. I throw some nukes, he's on me, I die.....

Now at this time, the mage has the camp, I'm in OT, and I just know after putting in my 3 hours that the AC is going to pop. He sends me a tell..."Hail an Ancient Cyclops." Port to Nro, run to EFP, boat there! At this point I know I'm lost. The "rules" of the games state you leave you lose camp of course. Camp is LOST to me.. MY camp.. Camp I put MY time into. Mage does hold camp for me but I'm back in a jiffy....and into my 4th day, kinda peeves...well honestly I'm totally PISSED even now.

These things happen, right? WRONG! I went through in my count 55 PHs of the AC with no ring. The probability (if it were random) of this happening is 1-(0.9)^55 which is equal to 0.003. This mean 3 in 1000 times this should happen. So I'm unlucky? No. What should have happened was mage accepting my invite, helping me out, wait til I was back to kill AC, and me get my ring. I do not care what YOU think, this is the right way to play. It's the ethical thing to do. With 365 accounts in disarray now, we should be focusing on ethics now instead of the "RULES." Grow up you guys. If the tables were turned, yes I would have held camp and given YOU the drop. And those who know me would agree 100%.

But in those 3 hours, I did get to talk to a most wonderful, beautiful person in this game. In all honestly, I wouldn't have traded this "failure" for anything, because we chatted and she helped me with the camp. I'm sorry you went LD, because that was YOUR ring there. I was going to give it to you because I can get it anytime now. Go ahead, state your silly opinions now about the "rules" of the game with zero regard to the feelings of others. As a guildleader if there are any of you with honor, integrity, and principles, please apply to Prodigy. I know there are some of you out there. All of you others who play by the rules, go screw yourselves.

I am taking a few weeks off now...still pissed.

Xaxian

I waited like 2 week straight to get Jboot,Get over it
Old 08-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

This is like a classic rant from 2000.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I like wizardeq if this was any other player I'd do some trolling, taking a break might be what the Dr. ordered anyway bub.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

shoulda rolled a necro.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Spokesman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shoulda rolled a necro.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Aviak

As the mage you're talking about, I feel its important to bring up the facts you deglected to include.

I didn't accept your invite because after you asked me to help you due to having your nuke resisted 3 times I sent in my pet and then LD'ed from a power flicker from the hurricane.

I came back to your corpse, and when I got the AC you never even asked me for the ring, or to hold it, you didnt even mention that you were on the boat until I offered to hold the camp for you. Way to paint me as a douchebag though... But I COULDN'T accept your invite because I was LD and YOU knew that, leaving this fact out makes you suspect. You never asked me to hold it for you or anything.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the mage you're talking about, I feel its important to bring up the facts you deglected to include.

I didn't accept your invite because after you asked me to help you due to having your nuke resisted 3 times I sent in my pet and then LD'ed from a power flicker from the hurricane.

I came back to your corpse, and when I got the AC you never even asked me for the ring, or to hold it, you didnt even mention that you were on the boat until I offered to hold the camp for you. Way to paint me as a douchebag though...

But as I said I COULDN'T accept your invite because I was LD and YOU knew that, leaving this fact out makes you suspect.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Sorry for double post, But meant to add:

At least you didn't drop my name in your smear post.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deglected
Closed Thread