Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Default So i noticed a big XP difference

while playing on the Fippy Darkpaw progression server (one of my friends recruit a friended me) and the XP is sooooo sloooooow. I thought Project 1999 was true classic. Why is the XP not as big a problem on Project 1999 as it is on the Live Progression server? I turned in the Kelethin mail quest on the live server and it gave me literally almost nothing exp wise. I spent an hour killing things around my level and still was not level 2. I never felt like P99 was this slow at all. Am I trippin on acid here or is P99 on easymode?
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

pretty sure lvl 2 was literally like 5 mobs to ding on classic live, so whatever fippy darkpaw is is wrong.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Yea fippy is less classic then we are.

/thread
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

See that's what I thought. I played at release and am not sure what the F is going on unless its some sort of penalty of being a trial account....
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

EQ is currently hardcapped on all servers, including fippy, to not give more than 2% of a level per kill, regardless of the amount of exp you should receive. It makes the first few levels absurdly hard as compared to real classic.

P99 is correct exp gain. It shouldn't take more than a handful of mobs to get level 2.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Large Bat

Ignore the live progression servers. They have an arbitrary exp cap of 2% per gain. So, no matter what you kill or what quest you turn in you will never get more than 2% exp.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Holy crap i forgot about that hardcap... wtf are they thinking? Alright thanks all... i dont feel so confused anymore.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is currently hardcapped on all servers, including fippy, to not give more than 2% of a level per kill, regardless of the amount of exp you should receive. It makes the first few levels absurdly hard as compared to real classic.

P99 is correct exp gain. It shouldn't take more than a handful of mobs to get level 2.
It's not all servers thats its hardcapped at 2% its just the 2 progression servers.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy crap i forgot about that hardcap... wtf are they thinking? Alright thanks all... i dont feel so confused anymore.
What they were thinking is that it would increase the playtime needed to reach max level. It's a proven fact that people like to race and be the first to do things. Even with the cap it still takes a silly quick amount of time to blow through old school progression when you know what your doing. Plus the Progression servers on live arent true classic. Things like OOC(out of combat regen) and other later added features are still in the game on those servers.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

They are not trying to be "classic". They have all of the features of a modern MMO without the uber twinks. I loved playing on fippy but it is a victim of its own success. Way too overcrowded especially 50+. Literally everything is perma camped.
Closed Thread