Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Default Troll or Barb - shaman race?

From your experience which one works out better, especially for leveling?
Trolls have really nice regen, but it seems like there are better stats for Barbs and no exp penalty... do these benefits outweight Troll regen in any way?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre - If you are not tanking your mobs you are doing it wrong. And getting stunned mid slow is no fun.

However, if you have the funds for barb spirit hammer than I might go that direction..cause its nuts...at least till velious.

Troll regen is a moot point once you have torpor.

So from a min/max standpoint I would say ogre > barb > troll depending on your bankroll
Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Kobold

bankroll at 10 plat.... Is Ogre a good assumption therefore?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Come Velious trolls > barbs...so u can say the top two shaman classes are ogres and trolls...because snare doesnt work as it should here due to a faster mob run rate, the regent symbol of innoruk plays no part in decided which race is better...if it did then the troll would be better than ogre IMO. Ur regen will suck as ogre its probably about even, the frontal stun immunity vs the extra regen. Just dont play iksar cuz u wont be able to use the JBB
Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre - If you are not tanking your mobs you are doing it wrong. And getting stunned mid slow is no fun.

However, if you have the funds for barb spirit hammer than I might go that direction..cause its nuts...at least till velious.

Troll regen is a moot point once you have torpor.

So from a min/max standpoint I would say ogre > barb > troll depending on your bankroll
Bob what set of shaman gear/weapons should someone be going for on a budget of 3k? I am not real familiar with pricing but I know you are! I was thinking about some jaundice pieces and totemic, whatever is the best AC per plat.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come Velious trolls > barbs...so u can say the top two shaman classes are ogres and trolls...because snare doesnt work as it should here due to a faster mob run rate, the regent symbol of innoruk plays no part in decided which race is better...if it did then the troll would be better than ogre IMO. Ur regen will suck as ogre its probably about even, the frontal stun immunity vs the extra regen. Just dont play iksar cuz u wont be able to use the JBB
Thanks, would you put any points into Dex/Agi as shaman? Seems like Ogres have those stats at lowest in comparison to Trolls/Barbs
Old 09-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bob what set of shaman gear/weapons should someone be going for on a budget of 3k? I am not real familiar with pricing but I know you are! I was thinking about some jaundice pieces and totemic, whatever is the best AC per plat.
AC doesn't work correctly on this server, your best bet is to load up on cheap hp/mana gear and get ac in any spots that you cant get something better. Things like glowing bone collar, plat fire rings/plat skull rings, embroidered sleeves/cloak, sebilite belt, golden jaded bracelets, gatorscale leggings, etc.. Most of that is very affordable and together add up to a large amount of hit points that make the earlier levels much easier.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

P.S. Go ogre. Troll regen makes the earlier levels easier, but long term the ogre is the stronger choice. People will always chime in about their favorite race but in terms of power Ogre has a clear advantage in stats and stun immunity. Ogre's truly are the best choice in any class they can be.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Go barb, trolls and ogres look like dogshit.

Everquest is all about style, you won't regret it.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. Go ogre. Troll regen makes the earlier levels easier, but long term the ogre is the stronger choice. People will always chime in about their favorite race but in terms of power Ogre has a clear advantage in stats and stun immunity. Ogre's truly are the best choice in any class they can be.
Listen to Bob and this guy, they know what's up. That frontal stun immunity on a spellcaster is the biggest thing ever. It'll save you mana, save you time, and save your life.
Closed Thread