Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin
Default Tash not giving the right amount of aggro.

I don't have my own enchanter to test this with but I will be willing to bet all levels of Tash aren't giving the proper amount of aggro.

I've pulled mobs in low 20s groups with proximity aggro alone, no taunting, no melee, no DS at the time, no casting, nothing....and the enchanter would tash the mob on incoming and NOT get jumped immediately.

I watched this a good handful of times and am curious if this is known or not?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Kobold

Default enc aggro

There was a thread at some point where several enchanters shared their observations that the Tash line seemed to carry less aggro than on classic live, while the DD line seemed to carry more. I remember because I've had the same experience with both lines.

Ah, here it is:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3842
Last edited by zahlia; 04-04-2010 at 02:50 AM..
Old 04-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Shit, my bad. I didn't realize that someone had already said something about Tash. Consider this another bump with anecdotal evidence :P
Old 04-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

I was grouped in Oasis last night and I was getting aggro just fine with Tash. Our puller would run out and throw something at a mob or get proximity aggro and as he was heading in, I would tash the mob and it would head straight to me. I did this intentionally in order to get my pet engaged (I need to get hit first). I'd say that tash is working as it should. This is what I did on live as well.
-----------------------
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Kobold

Tash: not enough (should be about equal to a slow?)

Root: too much aggro

Malo line: too much aggro
Old 04-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Kobold

Finawin, I've tested it a lot on my enc. I think Tash is a little bit lower agro than on live, but it does draw agro. If I remember correctly slow was always more agro than Tash in live. It seems pretty close to live but my enc is only 37. I've gotten agro from tash even after the MT hits it a few times.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

The level 44 tash (SolRo quest) does seem to give more agro than the earlier 2 spells. The nukes still seem to give too much agro but the devs said that they checked it and it's as it should be.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

To add to this issue, i was in a group with a Enchanter last night and he was using tash and hardly ever pulled aggro, if i used Malis while the mob was at 50% with a warrior taunting and proccing obsidian shards left and right, 90% of the time i always INSTA grabbed agro with nothing but one malis spell, nothing else. Anyone else think Malis is pulling TOO much aggro?
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 04-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add to this issue, i was in a group with a Enchanter last night and he was using tash and hardly ever pulled aggro, if i used Malis while the mob was at 50% with a warrior taunting and proccing obsidian shards left and right, 90% of the time i always INSTA grabbed agro with nothing but one malis spell, nothing else. Anyone else think Malis is pulling TOO much aggro?
The entire malise/malo line creates far too much aggro.

As a mage, I remember casting mala and malosini on mobs a couple of seconds after incoming and never got whacked, even when getting resisted multiple times (for malosini).

Tash and slows, however, usually made for lots of enchanter deaths and shaman pain (less deaths, 'dey iz tuffer!).
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Orc

I don't think the enchanter nukes are giving too much agro at all. Live classic where i played my enchanter gave a massive amount of agro. cause of it's minor stun(0.1sec)+dmg it would generate a ton of agro. I remember I could wait until a mob was nearly half health (and had done nothing to it previously) before i nuked and would sometimes get agro. It's a fairly efficient nuke with interrupting bonus, the downfall was always it's massive agro generation.

Maybe you're comparing it to enchanter nukes after the caster spell change? They nerfed the dmg on it a ton but gave it a longer stun effect. And i'm not 100% sure if the length on the stun effects how much agro is made. Thus the new(live) version may generate much less agro due to the nerfed dmg on it.
Closed Thread