Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Default An Open Letter To pickled_heretic

Please find one credible source that gives a scientific basis (preferably biological) for race.

Until then, you're a race-myth promoter, which makes you a racist of the highest order.

People you're in good company with:
The Ku Klux Klan
The Nazis
Pseudoscientists
Mel Gibson

That is all.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog's post of the forum rules
If you feel that a response is necessary and desirable, you should try a private conversation. Do not respond with a post on a thread; this tends to escalate matters.
PLS
Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

anyone want to play Dungeon Defenders w/ me? pretty cool game. it's tower defense w/ 4 classes but you can go first person and pew pew. i think you can get it for 15 bucks on steam. it was on sale for like 3 dollars, too bad i don't think it's on sale anymore.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my fave class is the huntress, that's the snarky lookin chick in the middle. inferno traps are awesome!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

I posted two in the other thread -- there are a lot more. It's something that has been proven at this point.

It doesn't make you racist to acknowledge genetic differentiation between races. It's just a fact. It makes you racist to believe that people should be categorized based upon the average genetic expectation of those with similar ancestry.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

of course it's genetically based, race is largely based on what you look like and, as we all understand, what you look like is largely dependent on what genes you inherited from your parents. i don't even really understand what the point is at this point.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

it's literally harmful to the medical community to pretend that genetic differences between races don't exist. aboriginal populations around the globe are more vulnerable to e.g. diabetes and cancer, prescribing the same dietary recommendations to everyone in the interest of being "color blind" is dangerous for their health. if you acknowledge that diabetes rates are higher among aboriginals, you must accept that there is some kind of genetic basis for race.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Differences in disease frequencies in different populations ≠ the existence of race based on skin color. The entire field of anthropology is laughing at you.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Differences in disease frequencies in different populations ≠ the existence of race based on skin color. The entire field of anthropology is laughing at you.
Lol... okay. except differences in race largely boil down to differences in skin color. for instance, calling someone an aboriginal australian based on skin pigment and geological location. you'd be shocked to learn that that actually happened once. it may have even happened more than once! *gasp*
Old 12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol... okay. except differences in race largely boil down to differences in skin color.
For us, sure. Other cultures base their concept of race on completely different factors. That doesn't make it biological.
Closed Thread