Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Kobold

Default Making Half-Elf Bard...startings stats?

I got a friend to join me in experience the awesomeness of P99, so I am making a half-elf Bard to play with him...

I know starting stats don't matter much, but I want to be the best of the best! Old school EQ.Castersrealm recommends putting 20 points into STR and 5 points into DEX as a Half-Elf. Is that indeed the route I should take? What do you all think?

Thanks! Can't wait for the server to come back up!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFiveAlive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got a friend to join me in experience the awesomeness of P99, so I am making a half-elf Bard to play with him...

I know starting stats don't matter much, but I want to be the best of the best! Old school EQ.Castersrealm recommends putting 20 points into STR and 5 points into DEX as a Half-Elf. Is that indeed the route I should take? What do you all think?

Thanks! Can't wait for the server to come back up!
That probably isn't the route you should take. Also starting stats were very important in classic, as there really aren't uber items readably available to boost your stats.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

I would put it into DEX and CHA. As a bard, you really wont be using the STR that much, except maybe to hold a buncha crap.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Kobold

So maybe split between DEX and CHA? 15 15?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Just make sure that no important stat is below the 75 or whatever that makes a big jump into gimp status.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Aviak

8 sta 11 dex 11 cha
Old 04-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Kobold

Any of you have a 50 Bard? 8 STR 11 DEX and 11 CHA sounds pretty tempting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Aviak

i was a DumbF**K and put most of my points into AGI..........ya..............as a half-elf ranger............it was like 20 to agi and like 5str 5dex...........yaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Orc

Your stats should focus towards how you think you will play your bard.

Charisma is going to allow you to lull, mezz and charm better - to me the biggest strengths of a bard.

Dexterity is going to allow you to twist tunes better (I think). Some bards get off on having 3 songs going at once. Reduces bard song fizzles (song ends abruptly). (I am not 100% sure on this info but have heard it from many sources)

Strength is going to let you hit in mele a bit harder and carry a few more items. Bards do wear heavy plate armor. Bards do not get double attack so their mele is not such a strength. But if u love to mele...

Stamina is going to give you + HP. I think wars get 5 hp per each stamina at lvl 50, so mebe bards get 4 per. If you think you might do alot of lull pulling this might be a consideration.

In the end you can always carry extra gear to make you better one way or another. +80 hp and + 55 hp finger ring or 7 cha 5 dex finger ring x 2 are more than your starting stats in just 2 slots so in the end: do not lose too much sleep over it.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Aviak

Hmm my thoughts..., not a pro here but I do play a half elf and know that gear weighs a ton when your a noob, bronze is heavy, str gear doesnt seem to come till later unless you have money early on.

That's not a great reason to go str but it is always a useful stat IMO.

Dex affecting song twisting? I highly doubt that. I have no way to prove it, but I think that's more of a frame rate and casting delay thing, which I believe is a fixed rate. And a bard should probably avoid proccing weapons when possible, you dont want agro, not saying I would turn away a SSoY until I could get into Kunark, hopefully by then the warriors are holding agro a lot better than you with their double attacks and slams/kicks, im sure they will be.

Agi, dont plan on getting hit. Defense skills are minimal as a bard.

Stamina, that sounds useful, altho maybe not a great return on points invested, 4hp per stam?

Charisma sounds like a good one of the bunch, since you probably want to wear more melee oriented ac/str/stam gear for survivability, so charisma coming out of your natural stats might be a good idea.
Closed Thread