Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Orc

Default Leveling and other starting questions.

I started a SK last night, but I don't ever remember it taking 3 hours to get to level 3. Is this leveling speed the same to 50? It seems like it's almost double what it used to be IMO.

Also, I've read melee is terrible to play due to some wrong calculations - is this still true and am I screwed trying to solo?

Lastly, do SK's have lifetaps on here? I can't find if they do or don't anywhere, but I noticed the pets were blue and not green, so it's somewhat changed.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Yah leveling is WAY slow on Classic - plus SKs & Rangers have a 40% penalty to experience (since they are hybrids). I assume this is the same for Paladins as well.

Melee is apparently borked - although I don't know what exactly the problem is. Either way, Nilbog said they are working on a solution for it.

And SK's should have exactly the spells they had during classic. Here is a list:
http://web.archive.org/web/200105311...s.asp?Class=SK
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

P.s. Here is the thread on the details about the Melee problems. Check it out and put your input in so it can get fixed!

http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=269
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Orc

I heard someone say the taunt button doesn't work - is this correct? Also, is there a breakdown of classes somewhere? I'm torn between a SK and a Wizard, but with leveling so slow, I'm not sure which to play at the moment.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnseg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard someone say the taunt button doesn't work - is this correct? Also, is there a breakdown of classes somewhere? I'm torn between a SK and a Wizard, but with leveling so slow, I'm not sure which to play at the moment.
I'm not entirely sure whether taunt is broken or not. From what I understand taunt simply puts you 1 point of hate over the highest person on the list. It is up to the taunter at that point to build his/her hate up.

In all honesty, spamming taunt is the worst thing one can do - to taunt most effectively, taunt should only be used when aggro is lost, and only then. A problem may lay in classic weapons being much lower dps than we remember, combined with varying resist rates on this server.

All in all, I think taunt probably works, it just seems to be affected by multiple factors.

--

As for break down of the classes, probably eq.castersrealm or something is your best bet for a good class overview. Use the waybackmachine (google it) for best results on this server.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

since its slow pace play what you will enjoy the most.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for break down of the classes, probably eq.castersrealm or something is your best bet for a good class overview. Use the waybackmachine (google it) for best results on this server.
I was asking about the breakdown on this server actually... I know there are Druids a plenty...but what about other classes?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnseg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was asking about the breakdown on this server actually... I know there are Druids a plenty...but what about other classes?
Ohh, my bad. Melees seem to be in short supply (bards especially). I think there are quite a few magicians/necros/chanters around.

Really, just play whatever you want I think - no big deal.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Orc

although melee's are somewhat in a 'bad spot' on here, levelling is almost identical to the initial release of EQ back in 99. tbh, this suits me fine unlike typical eq and wow servers that are out there atm where u hand an item in and gain 5 levels lol. Salute the good old days !
Old 11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Orc

Does anyone have a handy chart or link to the EXP penalties for races/classes?

I found this: Halflings get a 5% bonus, Ogres 15% penalty, Trolls and Iksar 20% penalty; Barbarians might have a 5% penalty. Rogues and Warriors have a 5% bonus.

But is that correct? I thought Evil's got a neg no matter what, therefore a Troll SK would have a large penalty?
Last edited by thrawnseg; 11-06-2009 at 09:16 AM..
Closed Thread