Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Large Rat

Angry stupid error that won't let me log in

I attached a jpeg of the error. maybe someone can help. First I cannot log on because my wife is playing on our other computer, now I use my phone as my tether to try to get on and it crashes.. There must be something I need to change..had no trouble last night as I played for hours just myself and a friend(not on the same IP obviously) The only thing I can say is last night my character stopped moving towards the end of my play time, logged and came back and it was fixed but now I try to log on and it crashes with the attached error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (42.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Does the same thing to me aswell! have you noticed sometimes when u log in it wont let you get passed the server screen -.-
Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Large Rat

I have yes. But right now I think there is a server issue going on because people are dropping off the server like flies. I tried re-copying all the needed files to run P99 so I will try again in a bit to see if it fixed the error..I also put in the command line to use only 1 core on my multicore system..see if that helps..as I said though ran fine all night last night now all of a sudden it is being dumb.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by acacio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the same thing to me aswell! have you noticed sometimes when u log in it wont let you get passed the server screen -.-
When you select "Project 1999: The Ruins of Kunark" and then "play game", if it does not take you to the P99 Character select screen, instead rerouting you back to account login, that is generally indicative of a login server crash. Also associated with this is the server population decreasing because any player that zones during a login server crash will crash while zoning. When the login server crashes, the issue is generally resolved in a short time frame (sub 30min) and then you can log in to character select at that time. Just keep trying periodically.

I do not believe a login server crash is associated with the issue(s) the OP is experiencing.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Orc

've gotten that error...Sometimes a reboot works other times I've had to goto the shortcut icon and change compatibility to "Run in 640 x 480 Resoution" then it gets me in and through and once I get to the character screen I quit, change the property back, and load up again.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Large Rat

Will try that if it crashes again, thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Large Rat

Not sure what fixed it but logged in w/o error originally posted..I did change the options to be 1024x768 then changed it back from in game so not sure if that fixed it or what..I also re-copied the files to get the game to work with P99 so could have been something there too..