Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Large Rat

Default Can't cast on mobs in water

Since the patch if you pull mobs in Timorous Deep into the water (like most kiters have done for years) you are no longer able to cast on them as they are half in the water and half out. The spell goes off and you get the message that you cannot see your target.

This makes quading/kiting in TD very difficult and I assume definitely not working as intended. I have not tested other zones to see if the problem exists there as well, but everyone in TD is pretty bummed as this is one of the only places for high end wizards and druids to level, and you have always been able to snare and nuke raptors, etc, in the water.

I apologize if someone already posted about this, I couldn't find one about it.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Not being able to cast on things in the water if you are on land (and vice versa) is tottaly classic. I wonder if this applies to pvp at well. Glad its been fixed.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Large Rat

Not being able to cast on mobs in water while levitating above water is classic too?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not being able to cast on mobs in water while levitating above water is classic too?
Yes. You can only cast on something in the same fluid as you. If you're underwater you can only cast on things underwater. If you're above you can only cast on things above.

This applies to detrimental things only. You should be able to heal a player or pet even if it's underwater and you aren't.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

On Live, are you able to kite in the water?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

No, never have. If a mob is in water even bouncing on top of it chasing you, you have to get underwater to land spells on it.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

that's absolutely classic, in pvp you used to be able to water dance to infuriate a caster
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

you really only kite over water to slow the mobs down / round them up / gain distance for atol's
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

In EK, I have had several occurrences of mobs running into the water near the bridge, and I cannot cast on them even though I am also in the water.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Developer

I was able to cast on mobs while we were both underwater. Were just your feet under the surface of the water, or were you far enough under to get the "breath bar"?
Closed Thread