Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Default Trying to install and keep getting this error

Quote:
"The instruction at 0x02c5f0ce referenced memory at 0xffffffffc. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program."
Two nights ago I installed and uninstalled about four times before giving up for the night. Everything seems to be going fine, and then I open EQEmu Launcher and Everquest opens, flashes a couple times and gives me that error. Then last night I decided to try again... I installed Titanium and instead of going straight to the launcher, I used the Duxa All-in-one thing (which then brought me to the Launcher again.) I was able to get in to the server this time, then the window crashed (from alt-entering, I think) and I got the same thing again...It flashes and gives me this same error. Not sure why [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm using Windows7. I've used the same files in the past to install titanium on multiple computers and never had this issue, not sure if that's relevant. Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Is it something to do with the EQEmu Launcher or does my new laptop just not like EverQuest? I don't even know why I'm reinstalling ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but I'm technologically challenged, someone halpppp.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Kobold

I had the same dang problem. I think after googling that error I came up with the fact that I needed to install the most current .net framework or something for windows.

I would recommend googling .net framework V4 (I think that's the most current one) and downloading it. People on these forums could probably give you a better and more in-depth reason as far as why that solves the problem, but I believe it has to do with the software and code that the guy who invented the launcher used.

Hope this helps
Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

thanks for responding! i downloaded this .net framework 4.0 from the microsoft website, but i'm still getting the same error :/
Old 05-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

I did some research and found this. Hope it helps

I L L Y
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I L L Y
Old 05-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did some research and found this. Hope it helps
illysm i want to sit and be bored in ec with you, b
Last edited by xshayla701; 05-20-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned

sounds like the EQEmu launcher is crapping out. Damned thing has never worked for me personally...

Follow this install guide:
http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

and download the latest patch from here:
http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv22.zip

open the zip and drang and drop those files into your EQ folder, overwrite all and you should be right as rain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Aviak

I have the exact same problem. I tried to do the old method but it didnt work. Maybe because i had already tried to use the patcher on the same install?

I am going to reinstall eq tonight and try. I was planning on using the old method to update but i cant find the names of the files that im supposed to replace. I remember there were a few files you had to remove from the everwuest folder. Anyone have a link to that information? The only file i remember had something about nektulos.

Any help would be great. Or if you know a solution to using the patcher, thats fine too
Old 06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to kingsBlend

unisntall eq, manually delete left over folders. try to re install, make sure you do it as administrator (win 7 sucks). run the eqemu launcher and make sure you do this as admin also. make sure it patches p99 and try again. im no guru but if this still doesn't work for you i would re install windows cuz thats how i roll when i cant fix anything lol.

as for the old method of deleting files, all that did was make it so you can load those zones. if you didn't do that, you would still zone in just with no textures. this would not cause your error. it's important that you patch the game either do in manually by downloading it from the getting started section or do it through the patcher.

another weird thing i found out about installing with windows 7 is, unless you are using the main admin account, (the one you setup during windows install is never the default admin), you will not have permissions to the eq folders, right click the main folder and give yourself full access.
Last edited by kingsBlend; 06-21-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Aviak

Alright, so I figured it out. It's a resolution problem. Basically just follow this guide.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...QEmuFAQ#QLinkL

set your resolution to 1024x768 and start up eq. Mine loaded right up after the change. Once in EQ, I couldn't set the game resolution above this resolution so I followed the guide and editted the EQclient file mentioned in the FAQ and set it equal to 1920x1200. Windowed mode worked fine. Tried switching to full screen and it didn't work but for now I'm tired of messing with it and want to play. Might play with it later.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Aviak

BTW, I didn't use the patcher. I manually modified the files and dropped the patch in.