Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Aviak

Default OTHER Ideas

Hey red99,

This thread should contain only constructive suggestions and criticism.

With that being said, I would like for us throw around ideas for actions that can be taken to increase the population of the server with a few exceptions:

Wiping the server
Releasing Kunark

Talking about wiping the server is beating a killed, resurrected, killed again x1000 horse, so please just don't mention it. There is another thread with an obvious title that covers this topic.

Kunark needs not be discussed because it will come in due time, and talking about it wont make it come sooner.

My ideas:
  • Someone be brave and make an evil guild.
  • Allow drops of pre-nerf items like mana stones again for a window of time
  • Adwords campaign? lol

Interested to see if anyone has any good ideas.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Maybe a conditional wipe? lets say everyone loses 5 levels(or 10?), items wiped except bank slots, can keep 8 items of your choice but no bags and no lower levels can keep god items. Something like that?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0rg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a conditional wipe? lets say everyone loses 5 levels(or 10?), items wiped except bank slots, can keep 8 items of your choice but no bags and no lower levels can keep god items. Something like that?
Had to peel off one more cap into that horse didn't ya? Rofl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Allow drops of pre-nerf items like mana stones again for a window of time
All that would end up happening is that a few more Nihilum would end up getting Manastones and would be able to twink out their alts in some phat Rubicite armor. No new player would have any shot at obtaining any of those items, and I seriously doubt Nihilum getting more pixels will bring anyone new or anyone old back to this server.

Any changes to the box should be to appeal to new or returning players.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Things that need to happen for this server to ever succeed

- Wipe
- Very short classic time period (1 month, with perhaps a slightly longer legacy period)
- 2-3x EXP
- 2 Boxing
- Yellow Text
- Hot Zones
- Classic Resists
- Enforced LNS
- No raid zone binding / town only binding

there you go, everything you need for a successful PVP server. I don't think I can ever play a server without 2 boxing again. It's even worse in Kunark. No one enjoys logging on and waiting thirty minutes for a port somewhere, or being unable to do something because no one else is on to play with. For all the negatives certain people mentioned about 2 boxing, I don't see any of those issues on LoZ. People still group, and are incredibly considerate about removing a box from a group to make room for others. It's easier to get groups going, more classes to help others etc. etc., and it hasn't become some massive PVP advantage because it's very difficult to box in PVP at a high level. The LNS rules have been great, the exp for 51-60 is right on, though 1-50 is too fast which is why I suggest 2-3x exp, hot zones are awesome and funnel the PVP to a few locations, yellow text has been fun (and guess what people don't kill everyone on sight to grief like some warned).
Last edited by heartbrand; 07-15-2012 at 07:29 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Most effective thing that can happen is a substantial XP increase.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things that need to happen for this server to ever succeed

- Wipe
- Very short classic time period (1 month, with perhaps a slightly longer legacy period)
- 2-3x EXP
- 2 Boxing
- Yellow Text
- Hot Zones
- Classic Resists
- Enforced LNS
- No raid zone binding / town only binding

there you go, everything you need for a successful PVP server. I don't think I can ever play a server without 2 boxing again. It's even worse in Kunark. No one enjoys logging on and waiting thirty minutes for a port somewhere, or being unable to do something because no one else is on to play with. For all the negatives certain people mentioned about 2 boxing, I don't see any of those issues on LoZ. People still group, and are incredibly considerate about removing a box from a group to make room for others. It's easier to get groups going, more classes to help others etc. etc., and it hasn't become some massive PVP advantage because it's very difficult to box in PVP at a high level. The LNS rules have been great, the exp for 51-60 is right on, though 1-50 is too fast which is why I suggest 2-3x exp, hot zones are awesome and funnel the PVP to a few locations, yellow text has been fun (and guess what people don't kill everyone on sight to grief like some warned).
How could you say that 2 Boxing is NEEDED? if that's the play style you want, LoZ sounds like a good fit for you. Double boxing hurts immersion IMO
Old 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most effective thing that can happen is a substantial XP increase.
Maybe. So long as a new guild forms and they don't defect to nihi at 46+.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How could you say that 2 Boxing is NEEDED? if that's the play style you want, LoZ sounds like a good fit for you. Double boxing hurts immersion IMO
i realize a lot of people don't agree and its probably not going to happen but i would love to be able to 2box.... it would make it a lot easier for a guild to get raid capable which might actually do a lot to encourage players to not create huge guilds
Last edited by Znif; 07-15-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

^ 2boxing helps against zergs and is classic