Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default Faction Caps

Lately been trying to fix my Bloodsabers faction. I had been playing with Pyzjn and friends in Qhills, then got the dirk from qeynos catacombs. Got to KOS regions, and decided "OK I'll fix it with quests!". Went on to turn in 5gold to Guard what's-his-face at North karanas, which gives me faction ups with qeynos rogues, CorruptQeynosGuards and Bloodsabers (and down with regular guards). So despite turning in some 5000gold I still remained KOS with Bloodsabers, but had been "could not possibly get any better" & ally with the turn-in guard (which is corrupt) since like 2000gold. After this, I got fed up and went on to give gnoll fangs to Tillin to fix up the ruined QeynosGuards faction. While turning in, I should go down with CorruptGuards, but kept getting told "you could not possibly get any better"... For easy 20 fangs now, gonna turn in more later.

I'd assume this means that I've gone far above the point of ally and therefore it keeps counting me up there in some massive figures, not saying "you got worse" due to this. Which worries me that I can go massively kos with some faction and making it essentially irreparable.

http://www.therunes.net/faction.htm <-- Suggests that there was some cap which was later changed larger, and judging from what it reads, the figures for what counts as kos and ally is -2000 and +2000. So maybe the 32000 is later on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://thedruidsgrove.org/eq/forums/archive/index.php/t-322.html
Fatsow99
07-12-2003, 01:32 PM
There is a max increase/decrease of 2000 faction hits in each direction. Lets say you start out at amiable(100) to a faction. Then your max faction will be 2100(Ally) and min will be -1900(Scowl)
Alot of posts here suggest that there's 2000 as either way, depending on modifiers (not too reliable I guess, it's some forum comments?).

What I'm wondering is that if there is any cap to max kos and max ally that I can get (judging from the experiment with corruptguards & qeynosguards)?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Faction gains and losses are currently wonky. For example, despite hours and hours in solb, my sola gnomes rep hasn't been repaired from the 8 or so faction hits I took when I was levelling. Faction hits from kills seem to be _much_ more weighted than faction hits gained from kills (several factions were supposed to be around 1:1 in live), and faction gains from quests seems lower than I remember.

While there are messages that indicate you have capped out at a negative faction, I have yet to receive one for the opposite, or stopped obtaining positive gains with a faction. This leads me to believe that the faction table is currently set to the live version which has a +/- 32000 cap rather than +/- 2000.

Has anyone stopped receiving faction gains yet from kills alone on p1999? I'd be interested to know.
Last edited by astarothel; 05-24-2010 at 08:48 AM..
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

I see this all over. 1-2 kills of something, and you're kos, and then it takes thousands of quest turn ins (where online people will mention going from kos to ally w/ a couple hundred turn ins. This coming from old alla posts, and such). Also went from amiable to dubious w/ Kaladim guards ar one point, but that faction was jacked up before (said I couldn't get any higher, and wasn't even ally. Being an agnostic shorty rogue I should be able to get ally no worries).

Seems to be off almost completely across the board, but I am not sure how the tables are setup in game.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone stopped receiving faction gains yet from kills alone on p1999? I'd be interested to know.
I get max HighkeepGuards messages from killing gnolls/orcs in highpass or raiders in karanas.

Turned in some 2000gold just now to get PriestsofLife to ally, and I got "could not possibly get any better" with Bloodsabers all through that. Despite being ready to attack before and after the 2000gold with the putrid skeles in SK camp. /shrug
Old 05-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Bump, sorta.

What I'm assuming here is that it goes from -32000 to +32000, but the messages for factions (got better, got worse, could not possibly get any better) are working in the -2000/+2000 range. So let's say I'm at -12000 with Bloodsabers, and then get the +4000 faction ups doing some gold-turn ins. As a result it thinks I'm now max ally, so the messages are continuously claiming "could not possibly get any better", although I'm at some -8000 (very kos still). Seems to be a problem only with quests, as when I kill an orc of any form in highpass it says properly that the ones not ally got better, but the ally ones couldn't get any better.

But when I do lots of quest-turn ins I'm pretty sure I go past and past the point of ally, so it keeps me ally despite me ruining the faction doing other quests/killing.

Not sure ofc, since I can't see any of the data-listing thingjamajiks.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Kobold

Confirming the above numbers for faction caps. This is how I remember it.

I also found a random post in an Allakhazam post discussing factions. Link.

Quote:
Condensed
Posted: Feb 7th 2006 12:32am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
shadowsedge
Scholar
213 posts
Score: Decent
With the onset of DoD, players have been running, flying, porting to HPH for exp that MM's give. Some find that the guards aren't too friendly here tho. And worse yet is if someone is doing the rogue epic some mobs go wild and kill anything near them. This faction fixes that.

Orc scalps can be collected from either orcs here in highpass or from orcs in crushbone. It must be "orc scalp"

Faction works by numbers and goes like this: (rough estimates)

Ally ------------------------------------- +2000
Amiably
Kindly
Warmly
Indifferently ---------------------------- 0
Apprehensive
Dubiously
Threateningly
Scowls at you, Ready to attack ----- -2000
Old 05-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Orc

Some factions on Live were capped lower than +2000, so you could never get to "max ally" with them. I'd guess that Bloodsabers has been set that way here on P99 (with the max cap obviously still in the KOS range). If that were the case, you would get the "could not possibly get any better" message, but still be KOS.

I've never worked on Bloodsaber faction, so I don't know if it was capped below +2000 for any race/class on live.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

Spent my late teens/early 20s killing a bard and this one pally who both gave faction ups with Bloodsabers. I was like amiably with them until I started messing around with them recently. So it's certainly not capped at negative.

<-- Ogre SK which also means it can go higher.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Fire Giant

Another example of faction oddity:

SolB Kobolds vs SolA Gnomes. I killed a whopping total of 8 gnomes while levelling in SolA. Hours and hours later in SolB, and Kobold 'Cannot get any worse' faction messages and I am still threateningly with those gnomies. Pretty sure you're not supposed to be kos with both at the same time.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Bump! Here's essentially what I'm talking about:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I had been max kos, probably gone "beyond" could not possibly get any worse, since it started claiming that I (ogre sk, rallos zek worshipping) am now max ally (around him conning dubious, he's on MerchantsofRivervale). I kept turning in more bandages, and as seen in pictures, continued going up despite being supposedly max ally.

I'd assume something's not quite proper there, might be a merely cosmetic thing with the messages, or the caps are off somehow.