Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Orc

Default Cabilis/Iksar Faction

I turned in thousands of bone chips to Trooper Mozo in FoB over the last week or so and during that time my Legion of Cabilis faction is maxed (warmly). I remember on live that there was a time that once you maxed this faction none of the others would increase even if the quest text said it was. Also, I am now at at least dubious with all other factions except Citizens of Cabilis. I think perhaps this faction is bugged since I remember this faction on live going up about the same as the SK faction which took the longest to raise. Currently citizens of Cabilis is still scowls. Interestingly enough even at scowls I can still bank in Cabilis. I have more chips to turn in however I don't want to waste them if they are not raising the other factions. If there is anything I can do to help you look into this, please let me know. Cyphyn is the character that I did all the turn ins with. Thank you for all you guys do to make this game what it is.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

There's some discussion on other threads about this, but the whole faction system was revamped when Velious expansion came out. I would save your Bone Chips until then.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...tion.2C_Kunark
"NOTE: In original classic, once your faction was capped with Iksar Troopers, you were unable to raise it with anywhere else in Cabilis as they all became capped (even if you were at scowling). I'm not sure if it is this way currently on P99, but please be aware of the possibility. It was later fixed on live. "

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 08-22-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Nilbog told me thats not the case here when I asked a few days before kunark came out on red. Im not maxxed with troopers yet so I cant say for sure
Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Fairly certain that there should be some diety hatred in there too, as a sol ro wizard using iksar pots I was Ally to everyone in Cab East but still scowling to Crusaders of Greenmist.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Orc

I am more concerned with the citizens of Cabilis faction right now. It seems it is not going up along with the other factions since they are still at scowls while all others are at at least dubious.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Orc

Looks like one of the issues was addressed at some point on live prior to Velious.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001129.html

Have not found out anything yet about Citizens of Cabilis faction being far lower than the rest and taking longer to raise. Some posts on Allakhazam's speaks to this somewhat but there is nothing definitive.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Orc

Turned in another 12 stacks of bone chips and I am now at

Legion of Cabilis - Warmly
Scaled Mystics - Amiable
Swift Tails - Amiable
Crusaders of Greenmist - Apprehensive
Cabilis Residents - Scowls

Very frustrating that Cabilis Residents is still so much lower. Hopefully it will go up soon or it will get discovered that there is a bug and the faction will get fixed.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

Can you tell me the name of the NPC that is on "Cabilis Residents" faction that scowls at you?

Are you sure you dont mean you are KOS with the Necromancer faction instead?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Orc

I am currently kindly with Necro due to the probably thousands of bandits Ive killed and I am currently on the 8th skullcap quest. I still have more to kill as I believe I have to get to warmly to do the next stage in the quest line as the quest giver does not give me the text and states I must prove my worth or some such text.

The bankers are scowls to me as are all the various green con non merchant NPCs scattered through east and west cabilis. All the merchants are dubious as is typical of a merchant that will not sell to you.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Orc

I should not say ALL the merchants as there are a few merchants on the various guilded factions that are the same as the guild leaders/trainers.