Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Fire Giant

Default 60 Necromancers in Velious

So I am beginning to regret maining a necro. He is approaching lvl 60, but it seems like beyond levelling easily solo, necros are nothing special. Then again I am by no means an expert or veteran, so I want to ask the vets here what is good about being a 60 necro come Velious.

We aren't much more than a safety belt/mana battery on raids as usual I assume, but can we do some fun/impressive solo kills or anything?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

Necros and shaman are the kings of single target soloing. Its hard to recognize at first, but you are a jack of all trades, similar to a bard. Cc, dps, heal, mana battery, even pulling. Some necros like to gear for stamina and this even makes them decent at tanking in a pinch. Your usefulness lies in the fact that you are the most versatile class in the game. When you get your specliazed pets after 50 you'll be amazed at the things youre capable of
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Aviak

You are great for groups and solo. Although you are needed for raids in velious (mana battery) you are no fun on raids. You will be hiding with the clerics. Necros are cool for everything other then raiding.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Necros can charm undead. This makes you one of the best DPS in CERTAIN raids as well as providing all these versatile services.

Necros are great solo, but I think they shine most in duos with shamans or enchanters, or even clerics.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros can charm undead. This makes you one of the best DPS in CERTAIN raids as well as providing all these versatile services.

Necros are great solo, but I think they shine most in duos with shamans or enchanters, or even clerics.
What velious raid has undead to charm?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Well it wouldn't be fair if you could play the best class for raiding AND soloing AND grouping, right?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

If you're in a guild that raids, that's half the battle I think...so many necros out there though!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velk maybe? i know there are some specs around lord bob.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Your usefulness lies in the fact that you are the most versatile class in the game.
HAHAHAHahahahahah...ha..

I know a few bards who would like to proove you otherwise, me being one of them.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could conceivably bring charmed undead with you to Zlandicar, I believe.