Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Remember the "Discord" server? EQ's PvP Permadeath server?

Just wondering if anyone played on EQ's PvP permadeath server called "Discord" back in Dec 2003 when it started up. It didn't last very long, but I enjoyed it for about a week. It was Original EQ only, and only to level 50. Basically if you died at any point (level 1 through 50) your character would get reset and wiped, and your bank emptied - and you'd end up back in your newbie zone at level 1 with nothing but newbie gear.

I remember starting up an Ogre SK, and leveling up a few times to level 8 or 10, and then dying a few times. I got pretty tired of this, and ended up stopping. I didn't know anyone to play with to stay alive. Definitely NOT a solo friendly server. Bring friends and make a balanced group and you probably did pretty good.

And of course at level 6 you'd get PvP enabled, so that made it much more interesting! I believe it was Racial PvP... so it was pretty much Evil Races vs Good Races. Can't remember this detail too well... I never ended up leaving the Feerot anyways. I do remember that if someone did kill you after level 6, they could FULL loot your body.

So did anyone else have an experience with this server? Did you make it beyond level 10 or so? If you did play, what was your worst experience (die at level 49!)?

Just curious!
Last edited by FatMagic; 06-09-2010 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I was one kill from level 50 w/full planar gear, and jumped down off a wall about 3 ft, hit some nasty lag, and 32K'd. Just kidding, but that would suck.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

i had a lvl 36 mage on this server....eventually i zoned into Najena, was immediately blinded by a 15 pally and 2 16mages were on me...and dead
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy Lives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had a lvl 36 mage on this server....eventually i zoned into Najena, was immediately blinded by a 15 pally and 2 16mages were on me...and dead
Dang... two level 16 mages taking down a level 36. Man that bites. I didn't know they could do that! I figured you would have ended up resisting most of their lower level spells.

Because of these things, I'm thinking most people who played on Discord have long since blocked out the experience - haha!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Large Bat

Yeah, played on that server for a week or so. Bro and I rolled mage/druid. We thought it was an awesome plan! Sow/snare with pet to kick them while they chased us. Of course what really happened was I got up to lvl 13 three time's and died. On our 3rd attempt to get to sow lvl I fell from our hidden pull spot right on top of the highest person to lvl a cleric. (lvl 30 or so) and rage quit.

Fun times! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played a dark elf necromancer. I levelled up to 6 and began stalking for my first kill. I spotted a level 6 monk and a 5 druid levelling together in Nro. I sicced my pet on the monk and the battle started. He ended up killing my pet and using all of my mana but I knocked him unconcious. During the next 30 seconds I kept swinging and missing while his druid friend begged me to stop. He offered me 6 bone chips but I kept mercilessly swinging at the monk until he died.

After killing the monk and being cursed out by the druid I engaged a paladin named Pancakes. Pancakes was a completely naked human except for a 2handed sword. He lured me into guards and I was swiftly murdered.

I never logged back into it but it was great fun and would do it again.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

haha thats a great story Dildor. more discord stories!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Aviak

haha that server was hella fun, we played there with a 6 ogre death squad untill we ended up turning on each other like champs lol
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Hahah Dildor your story made me LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha that server was hella fun, we played there with a 6 ogre death squad untill we ended up turning on each other like champs lol
Of course haha! Sounds like something an Ogre would do.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned

Someone in my eve online corp talked to me about this server recently, i dont think that server was up back when i played in 2001, dont remember it anyway. I started on Sullon Zek first, which was all lvls pvp. I got one-shotted by a lvl45 wiz in blackburrow a couple of times and thought fuck this, and rolled on Rallos Zek lol. I didnt really understand guild dynamics yet, i wish i had stayed on Sullon later on.
Closed Thread