Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Default End Game: AC vs. HP

I've seen lots of contradictory posts about AC after 1100, hp etc. For the min-maxers here what is the deal, what is the best for gear for 60 end game tanking? For example, is HP the king so much so that I should wear the 30hp and 20hp wrists and arms with minus agility and low ac from HS? Or is it the extreme opposite and full cobalt trumps all HP (assuming a non resist fight). SSB over Cobalt Helm? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Depends on the mob you are tanking honestly. You have to take into account how much of the NPCs damage is coming from DB and how much is coming from DI. If you can use AC to measurably decrease the average DI then it's worth swapping for AC gear within reason. However if your AC isn't going to affect the mob's DI you're much better forgetting AC and taking all the HPs you can get.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Vayder, how is this even determined? Is there a safe setup that would work relatively well on average for most mobs? So you aren't constantly having to swap between an AC set vs. HP set..
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

Not without parsing different setups. I haven't played a plate tank at high end on this emu but my guess would be as follows:

Any exp group = AC
Most raid mobs without a serious AE = AC
Raid mobs with high damage AE = HP
Plane of Sky = HP
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Is there a confirmed soft cap or cap on AC for warrior? everyone I ask says 1100ish but then others say less, any idea?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

If there is a softcap on the server for warriors it should be 300ac with you then getting 45% of AC over that amount with shields adding to your softcap.

However I'm not sure if that's how things worked pre-PoP. From what has been posted on forums here once you reach 289ac from raw AC (i.e. gear) you would be capped and further ac from gear would do nothing. In Kunark that doesn't mean much since BiS AC will barely get you to that number but that will change in Velious if this is how they've coded AC.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not without parsing different setups. I haven't played a plate tank at high end on this emu but my guess would be as follows:

Any exp group = AC
Most raid mobs without a serious AE = AC
Raid mobs with high damage AE = HP
Plane of Sky = HP
pretty much what ive always heard except

for xp groups I've always heard AC is healer is non cleric, HPs if healer is cleric
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for xp groups I've always heard AC is healer is non cleric, HPs if healer is cleric
I think this idea comes from the fact that AC will make patch healing more efficient, but that efficiency doesn't necessarily hold if Complete Heal is used.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

ye pretty much