Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Default MQ Etiquette

What is the most commonly followed process for MQ sales on p99? Is payment expected up front, or after the quest is completed? And what if the MQ fails (someone screws up the dialogue/hand in, or a previous MQ was done wrong - example, on the Jboots MQ, someone handed in the 3250gp earlier and didn't hand in the ring/rapier), is money refunded or is it just sorry, too bad so sad, SOL?
Old 05-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Banned

For typical stuff like Thurg MQ's.. I always say seller takes the majority of the risk.. Buyer should supply gems... If MQ fails due to a mechanic out of your control- like maybe somebody screwed the turn in up before you, that's just a risk the seller has to take. And you take the risk of losing your gems.

Now if it's screwed up due to somebody not paying attention to directions (Not unstacking gems) Or somebody didn't have the required faction, then a deal should be worked out... I know that's tough for many of you, but talking it out and coming to an agreement on the failed MQ is the right thing to do.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

I think buyer pays half up front, and half after the successful MQ. If the MQ fails and it's determined to be the seller's fault (eg. they did not have ally faction but did the turn-in anyway) that's effectively a player violating an agreement with another player.

Since MQs are involved I don't think the staff would enforce said agreement, but if we're talking etiquette the seller should definitely return the plat, and I think the staff would at least tell the player involved that faction was the problem if that was the case.

But if the MQ fails in spite of both players having proper faction (and doing everything else right), the buyer loses half their plat and the seller only gets paid half the plat they expected for their item. Both players walk away unhappy, but in a fair way, which is the best you can do with an unavoidable MQ failure.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-08-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 05-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Unfortunately there isn't anything set in stone here. It's going to vary depending on who you're dealing with. I just had to turn down an MQ purchase for an item because the seller wouldn't accept any of the risk if the MQ failed. Sucks because I have been looking for the item for almost a month.

I'd agree with Jeff that for most MQs, the seller has to (and should) accept the majority of the risk. Generally, I thought this was the norm, but my last couple of conversations about this have proven otherwise.

Also: WTB Thurg Chain pants. PM me
Old 05-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

I rarely sell MQ, but when I do, I ask money upfront, I give clear instruction, ask to verify faction/text quest, give common advice (no item stacking, double checking, not turning in before I said to). If the npc had items and the mq fail (and I get the reward) then I fully refund, if it's the fault of the buyer I don't or only partially reimburse... Woth all the instruction I give, if he still fail it's really his own fault...
Old 05-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

I wish they'd just do away with MQs, and make soulfire must equip

Grumble grumble
Old 05-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think buyer pays half up front, and half after the successful MQ. If the MQ fails and it's determined to be the seller's fault (eg. they did not have ally faction but did the turn-in anyway) that's effectively a player violating an agreement with another player.

Since MQs are involved I don't think the staff would enforce said agreement, but if we're talking etiquette the seller should definitely return the plat, and I think the staff would at least tell the player involved that faction was the problem if that was the case.

But if the MQ fails in spite of both players having proper faction (and doing everything else right), the buyer loses half their plat and the seller only gets paid half the plat they expected for their item. Both players walk away unhappy, but in a fair way, which is the best you can do with an unavoidable MQ failure.
The only time we'll get involved in MQs is if a player scammed another. It's pretty rare, but it happens every so often. A good example is that a seller claims they turned in the armor but really didn't.
These go with our "Don't be a douche" clause.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Seller takes the risk. Money paid after successful MQ.

If there is a scam it is almost always the seller who is going to be the scammer. It is much harder for a player buying to pull off a scam (they can scam the item...but they can't hide as easily afterwards).

Good sellers build strong reps in the market.

If there is a legit issue that one person is responsible for bunking up in turn in then something can be worked out to settle it.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

buy the item, not the service. No item? No pay.

Source: I've never done an MQ trade.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

When selling a MQ I ask half up front and half on completion. If the MQ goes south we both walk away unhappy. For armor MQs I make sure they have the gems first by putting them in stacked in a trade window with me. If they don’t want to trust a geared level 60 to not risk their account in a scam, I just find another buyer. If I fuck up the MQ they get a full refund.

When buying a MQ I will pay up to half up front if the seller requests. If the MQ goes south I don’t ask for any money back unless the seller did some dumb shit like not having enough faction. For velious armor MQs I make sure the seller has faction via hail and text before we even get started. If they are a class that can wear the armor type they are MQing I ask them to physically equip it.

Most of the time a MQ goes south:
-the buyer messed up a thing like stacking gems or wrong gems
-faction wasn’t correct
-some 3rd pre-gave some component of the quest (big problem with Jboots)

True scams for MQs are uncommon.

Unless you’re trusting a level 5-10 anonymous lowbie to somehow magically have a HoT legs or BP for MQ sale ... it takes monumental degrees of stupidity to think people will routinely risk a permanent ban on the account for some paltry platinum.

I mean ... how much plat is enough to warrant risking the account of a geared Level 50+ toon?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread