Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp403 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you realize that you sound socially maladjusted when you say shit like this? This is pretty much you, except instead of kids, it would read "fellow adult males":

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stop watching movies like Wolf of Wall Street and American Psycho to try to find out how to socialize and just go talk to people, for fuck's sake.
I'm from NYC. Most of my friends got jobs with BoA, Morgan Stanley, and the like. Many lost jobs during the 2008 crash. I personally do not work in finance, but these are my childhood friends. I have exposure to highly competitive adult culture. My friends are all financially successful and insult as part of a culture of dominance. We were all given money for education, the poorest of us was only given 200k and had to scrape by when tuition is over 40k a year.

What background do you come from to say that insults are not part of being an adult? Do you think its because of your socio-economic background perhaps that you do not have any exposure to highly competitive people and environments?

You don't work in competitive jobs, you aren't from the city. You are likely lacking real-world experience among adults in competitive fields. That is all.