Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

Unhappy Swarm lag - explain like I'm five...

So,

Someone is swarming at the moment in LOIO. That's fine, it sucks to do it at primetime and also have the courier PH mobs trapped in the swarm, but hey, they can play how they want at lvl 17 trailing lvl 20 mobs for 30+ minutes...

Currently, I [my client] am around 5 minutes behind; in that I cast a spell and am waiting 5 minutes until the spell hits. Last time my client caught up I was being attacked by an icebone skellie, which came as a surprise.

I am on a wired, synchronous 200Mbps connection with the following speedtest:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5511637564

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I replied to someone at 49 minutes past the hour and it's now 01 minutes past the next hour and I still can't see my reply as being sent.

My connection status shows '100% - 295ms', which is usual for Australia, but anytime I am in a zone with swarming, it all goes to shit in that I can't sit, camp, cast, do anything.

Even on home connection which is 100/40 I get it, but to get it on a 200Mbps synchronous link just sucks.

My question is, why does my client lag out / desync (not sure what the correct term is here)?

(edit: just got disconnected after 15 minutes of being able to do nothing)
Last edited by Senn; 07-28-2016 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: and disconnected