Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The flaw with your logic is there is constantly more and more plat being pumped into players every minute the server is up. People never lose plat over time unless they constantly make very very bad trade deals. The average amount of plat or items worth plat any player has always only goes up. So people can get away with charging more.
So spider fur belt was worth 200-300% more over a period of a couple weeks because there is always plat being generated? If that's the case, then shimmering terror hide cloak which drops in same zone/area should have also seen a large increase, it didn't.

When P99auctions opened, the price of a lot of items started dropping quickly. As soon as the tunnel fat cats hacked it into shutting down, prices on all of those items began to rise again. I doubt that's coincidence, and I would guess that's the same reason why they already attempted to shut down p99tunnel.com

The flaw in my logic was trying to apply logic to an elf pixel market that's mostly arbitrary and thrives on a lack of information available to the buyers.