Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2019, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb Thoughts on end game raiding

There has been a lot of controversy and hate lately involving the idea of a TOV rotation between guilds on this server and I understand why. The competition between guilds is what really makes eq fun and exciting for the most part. However, there is a big difference between competition and domination/monopoly of content. I think that is why a lot of people are open to the idea of a rotation of some form.
One idea I thought of recently was what if there was a limit on the number of people that can be in a raiding guild? This would eliminate the "zerg" guilds and level the playing field for everyone making competition on this server fair and probably much more fun for everyone involved. Getting the mob would rest on the guild's skill level not how many people they can throw on one target at once.
There already exists a minimum requirement for a guild to form, why not a maximum? End game raiding is like a sport we don't see teams in football, baseball, basketball etc of various numbers they all have equal amounts of players on the field at once. If one team had double or triple the amount of players on the field would that be fair or even fun to watch? My guess would be no and I really think that applies to Everquest.
What do you guys think? Concerning what the limit would be and how it would be implemented is a whole other discussion I just want to hear some thoughts on the subject. These are my own ideas and do not reflect my guild in any way. Let's discuss!
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya