Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Large Rat

Default This server is very amazing and yet very disappointing at the same time

I like the idea of this server and it seems very polished. There is a decent enough player base, the website / forum is great, the wiki is fantastic, and the overall quality is spectacular for a free server.

But why not allow more than one character (box) at a time? It's a PVE server after all... I don't see how that would negatively impact anyone's experience... on the contrary it would actually allow people to level up faster, create their own group if they can't find one, and see much of the content of this game either solo or with a friend.

I used to play on the Vallon/Tallon Zek PVP server on EQEmu where they allowed up to two characters at once per player. Me and a friend of mine grouped up and our party of 4 got us to level 50 relatively quickly and we were able to see much of the game's content from 1- 50 just by ourselves. It was a great deal of fun. We would have played it much longer but the PVP aspect of that server really ruined the experience as it attracted a lot of douchey / elitist players.

I thought about coming back and trying EQEmu again and Project1999 seemed like the best option... until I read that you guys don't allow more than one box at a time. WHY!?!?!?!

I rolled a Necromancer and decided to give it a shot anyways, figuring that maybe there wasn't a lot of need to run multiple characters to level up easily. It didn't take long to notice that the exp rates are horrendous. It took 15-20 minutes to grind up to level 2 and after measuring the exp rates a little more closely I estimated that it would take another 1-2 hours and about 120 blue skeleton kills before I would get to level 3.

This is absurd!

We're all drawn here because we want to relive the classic EQ experience, but I think that experience has more to do with the harsh death penalty, lack of maps, lack of compass, etc... not so much the horrendous grind.

I by no means advocate killing 3 mobs and gaining 5 levels or anything like that, but not everyone has the time to dedicate countless hours every week to killing mobs just to level up on this server. I also don't always have time to find and organize groups either and it doesn't seem like you can do much on your own on this server since you are only allowed to play one character at a time.