Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can't kick them out?

I would of if it continued,but quarantining them to Wednesday let's them have the shop to themselves and flames of war stuff is very profitable.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Orc

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...verage/alltime

This is a current money winners top 200 list.

Also like was stated earlier. Pros may not make a decent living, but they still do stuff like write articles and have other side ways to make money. Also the perks of being a pro are pretty nice. I don't know many other hobbies that pay you to travel the world and play a card game.

In regards to the sperglords or freak fucks that play magic, they usually aren't the tournament players, but are usually the weird fuck EDH or commander players. They are like the rejects who don't fit in with the regular magic players. They are the ones that stink and sit off in their own little side group, because they are too socially awkward to talk to the other nerds.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Banned

^
Doesn't understand the concept behind "The social Magic format"

Tries to call players of it the opposite of what they are.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:

In regards to the sperglords or freak fucks that play magic, they usually aren't the tournament players, but are usually the weird fuck EDH or commander players. They are like the rejects who don't fit in with the regular magic players. They are the ones that stink and sit off in their own little side group, because they are too socially awkward to talk to the other nerds.
Can confirm EDH players are always the smelly ultra nerds because bad EDH decks are very cheap and never rotate.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I remember the one and only "friday night magic" I went to at the local card shop... I beat this guy and he literally stood up, whipped his deck against the wall and stormed out.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

I'm very confused by you. Why do you intentionally make yourself the odd man out with no upside? Is it a search for identity? Does it actually surprise you that there is a big overlap between EverQuest players and Magic the Gathering players? Does it surprise you that competitive raiders tend to also be competitive card players?

I haven't taken part in ridiculing your anime hobby, but I find it pretty worthless. Do you ever draw your own anime, or does your hobby consist entirely of consuming entertainment and collecting memorabilia? I have very little respect for conspicuous consumption. I have trouble calling that a hobby at all. It seems like a precursor to hoarding.

Some of my high school classmates are into scrapbooking and stamping. I thought those were odd crafts--crafts for their own sake that require no skill or technique and that don't produce any useful items. However, people engaging in those pursuits are at least actively doing something.

There are worse things you could do with your time, but acting as a weebo evangelist is pretty annoying.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

I understand the concept behind "social magic", everyone plays the game differently. I get that.

Im just saying, that at my store the weird fucks are the ones that play EDH because they are the social outcasts of the magic scene. They are the smelly ones, the ones that yell stupid shit, and also wear their goth gear with all the chains and ones that have fat girlfriends who like to wear animal ears and tails with their clothing. They also tend to stay away from the competitive format because they are either terrible at it, or they enjoy sitting around a table with 6 other people doing nothing but building up some army of whatever their deck is, and doing nothing for 40 turns.

Im not saying some competitive players aren't weird but if you want to find the creeps usually you just look at the freaks with 100 card decks sitting off in their own corner.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Kobold

All of this talk made me log in to MTGO for the first time in quite awhile. Apparently there is a new set out called "Modern Masters" where they reprinted a bunch of cards for use in modern tourneys so that newer players that wanted to play modern could get their hands on them.

So I decided to do a draft even though they are pretty expensive.. and bam pack one opened a 'goyf. Next 3 drafts = paid for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll probably be on drafting all weekend if anyone has an account and wants to play, pm me your name!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of this talk made me log in to MTGO for the first time in quite awhile. Apparently there is a new set out called "Modern Masters" where they reprinted a bunch of cards for use in modern tourneys so that newer players that wanted to play modern could get their hands on them.

So I decided to do a draft even though they are pretty expensive.. and bam pack one opened a 'goyf. Next 3 drafts = paid for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll probably be on drafting all weekend if anyone has an account and wants to play, pm me your name!
Modern masters is basically the Willy wonka set. You can open goyf and basically make yourself quite a bit of money, you can also open a double pack. Foil and regular.
Saw a dude in vegas get 2 regular and 1 foil out of 6 packs in the GP. He promptly dropped and walked away with about 600 in value for 5 minutes of opening packs.
Closed Thread