Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know your my homie since day 1 hasbin since gnomercys silent treatment and the JV groups in crushbone(which i was never in!)...... i just wanted everyone to know the WHOLE truth ... ya the "risk reward" might be totally different with my analogy but an exploit is an exploit...
Penoy, your logic as I see it is as follows:

All ants are animals.
All elephants are animals.
Therefore, all ants are elephants.

This is a classic breach in logic, and is used to show people how ludicrous it is to extrapolate the general from the specific.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Thread derailed. Recovery impossible.

Perhaps the mods thought this was the Rants & Flames section.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread derailed. Recovery impossible.

Perhaps the mods thought this was the Rants & Flames section.
Disagree:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the GM Staff of Project 1999:

I understand all of the hard work you've put in for this server to be what it is.

Actually, I don't. And I sincerely doubt ANYONE here can fully understand the amount of work you have put in for well over a year on this project. I would like to think that everyone is grateful for your work, but as we have seen over the past 2+ months, some people don't care.

There are your MacroQuesters, your Dupers, your two-boxers, your exploiters & cheaters. These individuals are specifically going against your wishes and destroying the integrity of the server. You have dealt with many of them, and some have been given second chances. However, some have not been dealt with. This is where the issue arises.

If you would stop sticking your heads into the raid target situation, you could deal with factual evidence of people exploiting, server development, and maybe even have a moment or two of relaxation!

Lets look at how this developed:
  1. Raid targets begin as IB downs naggy 2x.
  2. Server attack, Trans gets a shot at naggy.
  3. Aeolwind pulls myself and Allizia aside to see if we can come to agreement.
  4. One is not set in stone, but an idea is layed out.
  5. IB moves on to kill vox, clear fear, kill Draco + CT. IB then downs naggy again.
  6. Trans moves in to Permafrost for 14 hours.
  7. Trans wipes to Lady Vox.
  8. We were prepped and ready to go should this be the case, but we decide against it due to lag from DDOS (in good faith, in the spirit of fairness, and against our own self-interest).
  9. After 3hours of patiently waiting for them to have a fair attempt, we leave. The ddos lag was too bad.
  10. I receive a call at 1ish in the morning saying Trans had just killed a Vox that wasn't AEing. Rather than Tibador logging on his GM and reloading the PL (as has been done with us SEVERAL times), they just kill him.
  11. They act as if its a legit Vox kill, and don't petition until afterwards. Whatever, deep breath, moving on:
  12. Fear goes down for maintenance.
  13. Trans moves into solb for 14 hours.
  14. We decide to move in and attempt to be first to engage as the rules imply that we should.
  15. Wenai steps in and sets up a server rotation with Aeolwind.
At no point in that pile of nonsense was there ever word to me about a rotation being enforced. I don't know who were the ones QQing and whining to you, but it certainly wasn't IB. It was a one sided complaint that you gave in to. It was only after this stupid rotation that you've implemented in which we started to bring our concerns to you. It seems to me that rather than dealing with the problem properly, you gave into people whining about not getting content handed to them. If you left it to the guilds, it would always be a competition for mobs; first prepared and first to engage.

I don't understand why the rotation was such a priority. We had shown good faith when we dealt with Lady Vox during the DDOS. On the other hand, there has been documented proof presented of Allizia and Tibador exploiting after specifically being warned about the Phinny pull. Then, on top of that, not fixing an obviously broken Vox before they downed her.

These issues have been brought to your attention as of one week ago today. A Whole week, and no repercussions. This is _sad_ when you consider the fact that we now have a 14 day MINIMUM ban hammer over our heads for handling raid targets in the classic manner.

Rather than giving it time to play out and see where it would lead, we've had to watch the GM's waste huge amounts of their time developing a very poor rotation which we are forced to follow for fear of a 14 day ban. This is just causing more ungratefulness for the server, and even more complaints. Please focus on the server, the broken content, and those who are exploiting it rather than the guild drama that is extremely one sided.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Kobold

I'm talking about Penoy trying to continue bringing up anything he can to ease his butt-hurtitits.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm talking about Penoy trying to continue bringing up anything he can to ease his butt-hurtitits.
You're further derailing this thread! :P

Let's focus on the Kool-Aid Krew exploits and rouse rabble to get something done about it instead.

RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Aviak

just bringing up that even the mighty IB has used exploits...and that theres alot of nerdraging but GM favoritism has been going on for both parties... they let some things slide
Old 12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Ohh I get what you were doing now Hasbin. I thought you were saying it was all on topic with what you quoted, but you were redirecting us.

Got it. Back on track. Penoy ignored. Problem solved.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

RABBLE!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!

Do something about GM's exploiting mobs please.

At this point, I don't even care if there's a punishment, I just want it to stop.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its funny the situations have been put on a level ground, as we reported the bug and twas fixed right away and were not directly disobeying poison usage after it was decreed by GMs not to use them.

Nice try penoy =p
i understand you stopped when GMs told ya... but what about you deleveling yourself like 5 levels just to do gnomes and rez yourself to 50 Otto.... Im not sure if thats an exploit but... if anyone is stuck around level 48 and cant xp fast enough... Otto yourself to 50!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i understand you stopped when GMs told ya... but what about you deleveling yourself like 5 levels just to do gnomes and rez yourself to 50 Otto.... Im not sure if thats an exploit but... if anyone is stuck around level 48 and cant xp fast enough... Otto yourself to 50!
baw baw baw
Closed Thread