Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Banned

MQ should be eliminated. Problem solved.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a developer myself... those are some famous last words right there.

FWIW: nilbog and crew don't do anything unless its done right.
I'm a huge fan of doing things the right way, but repops are so important and have been delayed so long (something like 10 months now? And no end in sight) that maybe they deserve a little special love.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you reset the whole server?
Does it take a full reset to reset the vendors?. Vendor shopping was one of my favorite things on live. It's not as fun here because the vendors don't get reset often enough.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is still being discussed amongst the developers. I fully support it.. I don't know of anyone on staff that doesn't. The issue lies in developmental time to implement and best methods.

I just want to reiterate that it is high on my agenda.
thanks nilly! i wasn't trying to pressure anything...was just reminding the community that simulated patch days also served its purpose especially when velious came out to clear out armor MQ's. But i will mention that GMs would reimburse for fubar'ed MQ's especially for velious armors...

it's happened to me before...I can understand not supporting it for something like jboots and cheap stuff...but when HoT BPs were getting eaten cause of botched MQ's...many panties were soiled, so GMs helped out in that regard
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

GMs back in the day had a lot of discretion...they would sometimes reimburse failed MQ stuff, even though it was not supported by the CSR officially.

It often took many days of waiting for a petition to be answered by someone who you then had to hope was willing to help you. Usually, you just took your losses and moved on.

MQ'ing is very risky. Between EQ bugs and scammers people were much more reluctant to roll the dice on live then they are here.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
because it heavily involves the raid scene
I've been thinking about this since I read it. Did SOE care about the raid scene when they reset the servers?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

resetting vendors makes it hard to find spiderling silks / random pages / other stuff that lower level players don't take time to sell to other higher level players.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a developer myself... those are some famous last words right there.

FWIW: nilbog and crew don't do anything unless its done right.
This has been the downfall of many, many features in my time as a developer. Sometimes the quick fix is the best fix. There's always next release cycle.

I'll hit you up in IRC once I'm off work.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by August
This has been the downfall of many, many features in my time as a developer. Sometimes the quick fix is the best fix. There's always next release cycle.

I'll hit you up in IRC once I'm off work.
Sure does smell like Agile in here.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Do you reset the whole server? Is there a need? Wouldn't it be just as beneficial to not disconnect everyone.. yet have the npcs repop?
Please consider disconnecting everyone and bringing server down for a random 1 to 3 hours. Was classic fun not to know when they would be back up, and would end up just clicking at login.

Quote:
If this is in addition to the normal respawns per week, a simple repop wouldn't achieve the same goal. Many 3 or 7 day npcs would still only pop once that week.
Also consider removing variance, and just putting in patch variance with repops. Could do 2 week avg with +/- a week. The overall number of pops isn't the thing everyone is clamoring for, it's a chance to race for mobs on semi-equal footing.
Closed Thread