Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissdu64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no longer FTE snipes thanks to FTE shout! kiting can be frapsed and is punished... training as well.
This guy.. LOL
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I wish eveyone would stop trying to convince the GM's and Guides to change the server. They created this server for people to enjoy the old school classice everquest and they have gotten it pretty darn close. It is up to us as players to create rotations and help each other out. Always remember, what would you be doing if this server didnt exist? You would likely be playing another server and complaining there or paying $15/month to play another MMO. Enjoy your time !
52 Monk Happytime
Old 09-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bolded part is why the analogy doesn't work. The only thing similar to each other in this example is the amount of time put in. Olympians put in more time still and they're not sitting on their asses playing a video game doing it.
Dude. Go read the dictionary defintion of analogy: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/analogy

similarity, especially in a limited scope
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotsirb401 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish eveyone would stop trying to convince the GM's and Guides to change the server. They created this server for people to enjoy the old school classice everquest and they have gotten it pretty darn close. It is up to us as players to create rotations and help each other out. Always remember, what would you be doing if this server didnt exist? You would likely be playing another server and complaining there or paying $15/month to play another MMO. Enjoy your time !
Well I'm all for creating rotations. Trust me, I tried. But those monopolising current content don't agree with it. In their mindset, one has got ot fully commit to the game like they're willing to do to have a claim at the targets. Top guild doesn't want to change. Staff doesn't want to enforce anything. In short this is a catch 22 situation.

I only asked for one week worth of a subset of mobs to be left to other guilds every 9-10 weeks or so, but even this was declined.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 09-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

I agree! I enjoy raiding but counting on me waking up at 12-6am for a trak fight that we might not even get is def not worth losing quality sleep over
52 Monk Happytime
Old 09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude. Go read the dictionary defintion of analogy: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/analogy

similarity, especially in a limited scope
Alright, in that limited capacity, I'll concede it is an analogy. I won't concede that it's a good one.

I said it was comical and you're arguing it's not. You don't think it's funny to compare someone who sits on their ass at a computer playing a video game to someone who trains for 10+ hours a day?

When you took that screenshot of 1,000,000 plat on your curser, would you say you put more or less work into attaining that than a gold medal sprinter? Or even a bronze medal sprinter? Do you think you felt the same satisfaction as they did? Do you believe you could stand shoulder to shoulder with them and honestly tell yourself that both accomplishments were similar and both means to both ends were similiar?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

How would you feel with a million plat?

Lot of people who stop crying if they had it. Nuff sayed.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nirgon has stumbled on a solution. Give all the casuals who complain about raiding but want to put in 0 effort, 1 million plat. Then they can fill TMO's guild bank.

Problem Solved.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Banned

By George, we've done it!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wouldn't feel one way or another with a million plat. I'd rather loot my gear. If I wanted a million plat, I'd sit in ec all day and have it in 10 weeks. I hate EC. I'd rather play the game.
Closed Thread