Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the way, when I'm talking, this has got nothing to do with Divinity (even more since I'm 3/4 retired until raid scene becomes more classic), it's more as a player who has raided in the past with other guilds and on Live. The disease would be a job and a family to care about. However, while I could raid without variance (could time a guild effort to be there at the right time), with it in place, I just can't help.

It does benefit TMO since the curent rules with variance creates an environment where big rosters are needed, and being on top means a greater appeal for new recruits. Tracking 24/7 has got some heavy burning out power, and smaller guilds don't want to change their roots to meet such requirements. On Live it wasn't needed, at least during classic era. I remember people would at best losely track every now and then. And guilds would wait in turn for attempts if the spawn time was known. Agreements arose later with expansions as competition became fiercer.

Also why should I go through unclassic involvment to meet your own unclassic standards? In the past, I've asked for a free week for all the other guilds to compete against each other one week every 9 or 10. That's leaving 9 times out of 10 which would be more than enough to acknowledge your guild's superiority don't you think?

But hey, if you want to remain greedy, that's your choice, and you're free to do so. As I said, I won't lose sleep over it (let me know when your guild bank account reaches 100 millions pp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Yeah, greedy TMO never gave up spawns twice before and both times non-selfish idiots didn't complain that it wasn't enough... oh wait...
Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

It's called life. Some people CAN'T beat Mike Tyson.

I'm one of those people, all of you are too.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, greedy TMO never gave up spawns twice before and both times non-selfish idiots didn't complain that it wasn't enough... oh wait...
If you think that giving away 2 dragons total is enough, be my guest.

Quote:

But some people still enjoy competing in the tier that is matching their current level.

Quote:
Maybe one day that little girl will have a nice training montage video get better and take out Mike Tyson? Oh... that would be too much work for someone who wants handouts tho
Oh the usual spin about too much work and handouts. Where does your unclassic involvment fall under the said logic? Get rid of unclassic variance, and let's see what happens from there. On Live you could schedule raids. Here you can't. I guess current system works well for people who can now play 24/7.

Why wouldn't you want to get rid of variance now that there is FTE shout?
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I could, I'd run his ass over from behind in my expedition full of goats and rodeo clowns.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe one day that little girl will have a nice training montage video get better and take out Mike Tyson?
pretty good response imo

was a stupid analogy to begin with though.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could, I'd run his ass over from behind in my expedition full of goats and rodeo clowns.
Pretty sure your Expedition would get DQ'd at the weigh in bro

Be a lot of sad murderous goats, rodeo clowns, and followers of this threads analogies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

99 Baby.
I'm on the grind baby.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think that giving away 2 dragons total is enough, be my guest.
You're an idiot.

The twice doesn't refer to two targets, it refers to two different times when TMO gave spawnS*********** to the server
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Also why should I go through unclassic involvment to meet your own unclassic standards? In the past, I've asked for a free week for all the other guilds to compete against each other one week every 9 or 10. That's leaving 9 times out of 10 which would be more than enough to acknowledge your guild's superiority don't you think?
The problem I see with this deal is that nothing is given in return to what is being asked.

Perhaps a better starting point for a future deal would be to ask for one week every 10 and give one week every 10 to TMO in return, where only TMO gets to raid, nobody else.

This way, all other guilds get a week and TMO gets the luxury of having one week of relaxed classic EQ raiding without any competition.

If during this week any other guild takes at least one raid target, the deal would be considered void.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

In the past, TMO begged TR for rotations. They said it was to avoid the poopsocks. Maybe what this server needs is perpetual open raid poopsocking to get TMO begging for rotations. People can come and go from the poopsock as they please, noone gets burnt out.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past, TMO begged TR for rotations. They said it was to avoid the poopsocks. Maybe what this server needs is perpetual open raid poopsocking to get TMO begging for rotations. People can come and go from the poopsock as they please, noone gets burnt out.
Ohhh, that will scare TMO. Let's see how many weeks the server can hold out against TMO.

I'm going to say 2 days.
Closed Thread