Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So here are a few details for Shaman pets since I can see some of the basics have been covered already. Any advice I give is under the assumption you have the focus item to Reclaim Energy:

Go and get a mage focus item - I would suggest that if you're low on cash to hold out for either the broom, shovel or stein as the torch can fetch some amazing prices from other players due to the nature of the fire pet.

Summoning a max pet, unless you've got a group that doesn't give you much time before they get started on pulls, is 100% worth it. This is even more true when soloing. In terms of keeping it buffed up its really your call but consider that effective soloing requires you to do 50%+1 damage; by buffing it you are only reducing the total time it takes to kill the mob which may have a negligible effect on how fast you're able to engage the next mob as you only have so much mana.

Your pet is also a very effective mana battery. At some point in time you will be in a group where you are oom and the tank is quickly getting wasted by the mob. Use Reclaim Energy for an emergency boost in mana. This has saved my ass countless times. In addition to that, I often sell and bank before logging off. When I go to FV or wherever to do this I will summon a pet, sit while selling and banking (with maybe a 2 min afk) by which time my mana is 100%. Use this time to buff yourself (usually sta, talisman and regen), Reclaim Pet for +mana and camp. This is very effective as you can get started extremely quickly at the start of youyr next session.

As far as root goes, I almost always use my lowest root (30m, level 5) as I often duo with a melee. This gives the tank enough time to generate hate after I've pulled with a slow so that I effectively take no damage. In addition, you need to consideer how fast you will be engaging your next targets if you are CC. This same principal can be used for slow as well in that your best slow is not always your most effective slow.

Sorry for the long-winded post. Long time lurker, first time post.

You've gotten better at forumquest (1)
Thanks for the info! Glad you posted! I am down here in najena still trying to farm a broom or stein, because I don't know about getting those fire giant toes. But honestly, if I can just buy the toes I will pretty much have everything I need to get it, and I am getting a little impatient. So I may just try and BUY the fg toes and get my sweet reclaim item!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by titofuentes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you can kill a hill giant you could try killing Gornit in ocean of tears. He drops all four types of toes. He's on sea fury island by pirate camp
I will try this, or see if someone can help me/sell them to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info! Glad you posted! I am down here in najena still trying to farm a broom or stein, because I don't know about getting those fire giant toes. But honestly, if I can just buy the toes I will pretty much have everything I need to get it, and I am getting a little impatient. So I may just try and BUY the fg toes and get my sweet reclaim item!
Go and check the vendors in OOT also - I was able to find all the requisite toes for my brothers mage.

Like I said before, if you can hold out for the other focus items you can sell the torch for north of 300p.

Best of luck to you!

You have become better at forumquesting (2)
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure i got fire giant toes in bank. Shoot me a tell if im on Qaos.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure i got fire giant toes in bank. Shoot me a tell if im on Qaos.
That would be awesome if you did! I will try to message you in game to check [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it would be awesome if I could sell the torch for some cash but I think in the time it takes to farm a broom, etc, I could make some nice plat/exp anyways.
Last edited by Zeonick; 09-12-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

I got the torch today! Someone happened to be selling fire giant toes so I scooped them up! I ran all the way to sol before I realized I had forgotten the fire emerald! And damn that thing was expensive. Took my last 180 plat.

Anyways, the torch is awesome! I didnt realize it gave ALL the mana back! Definitely sweet.
Last edited by Zeonick; 09-12-2013 at 11:29 PM..
Old 09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Yup

Reclaim energy is the single best spell any pet class could get. Even if you are able to get the spell (Necro, Enc etc...) It is still worth getting the focus items.

Does anyone know if Clerics or Wizards can use something like this for their temp pets?
Old 09-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, the torch is awesome! I didnt realize it gave ALL the mana back! Definitely sweet.
The amount of mana returned is proportional to the health of the pet when you reclaim it.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The amount of mana returned is proportional to the health of the pet when you reclaim it.
Oh ok, thats still great though considering our pets regen so fast out of combat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh
Closed Thread